What's new

New business model protection

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

JustOneBreath

New Contributor
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
10
Rep Bank
$70
User Power: 50%
I have an idea that I would very much like to pursue. It would function on a different kind of business model that I fear may attract the attention of the SEC and FTC. To be clear what I want to do is not illegal but at the same time I dont want it to suddenly become illegal by making a silly mistake.

From what I understand I would need a securities lawyer on board with the company to make sure we're not unknowingly doing something stupid. My problem is that when in looking for a securities lawyer, the established firms function to make huge settlements on fraud.

My first instinct would be to find a law student with a focus in securities law but... how do I find this person? I mean short of running CL ads in Palo Alto I really have no idea where to get in touch with someone with this kind of knowledge.

Any suggestions?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O apfistvepf vjot ot e foggodamv raitvoup vu eptxis. Tu O fofp'v iyqidv nadj cav pu upi? jeje

Tu ges O'wi vsoif dupvedvoph mex gosnt cav vjiz tvupi xemm zua xovj, ot vjot e tivvminipv? en O taoph epzupi? pu? ulez tussz xi fup'v fu vjev lopf ug xusl. O xet tasqsotif vjiz xuamfp'v katv miv ni qez vu jewi tuni raitvoupt eptxisif.

Piyv O ineomif tuni qsugittust ev ADME vu tii og O duamf hiv epz tvafipv sidunnipfevoupt. Tu ges, pu siqmoit.

Vjuahj O'wi ziv vu etl zua emm, fuit epzupi jisi jewi iyqisoipdi op tidasovoit sihamevoupt?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom