JustOneBreath
New Contributor
- Joined
- Apr 15, 2013
- Messages
- 10
Rep Bank
$70
$70
User Power: 50%
I have an idea that I would very much like to pursue. It would function on a different kind of business model that I fear may attract the attention of the SEC and FTC. To be clear what I want to do is not illegal but at the same time I dont want it to suddenly become illegal by making a silly mistake.
From what I understand I would need a securities lawyer on board with the company to make sure we're not unknowingly doing something stupid. My problem is that when in looking for a securities lawyer, the established firms function to make huge settlements on fraud.
My first instinct would be to find a law student with a focus in securities law but... how do I find this person? I mean short of running CL ads in Palo Alto I really have no idea where to get in touch with someone with this kind of knowledge.
Any suggestions?
From what I understand I would need a securities lawyer on board with the company to make sure we're not unknowingly doing something stupid. My problem is that when in looking for a securities lawyer, the established firms function to make huge settlements on fraud.
My first instinct would be to find a law student with a focus in securities law but... how do I find this person? I mean short of running CL ads in Palo Alto I really have no idea where to get in touch with someone with this kind of knowledge.
Any suggestions?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
