The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Bookmarking Feature, Insiders, Ads, etc...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just an FYI as there have been some changes to the INSIDERS SUBSCRIPTION offering.

BOOKMARKING
Effective immediately, all INSIDERS have access to a new bookmarking feature that catalogs and saves all your favorite posts.

How does bookmarking work?

Well you know how it goes...

That thread is over 25 pages long and has over 600 posts. On page 19, post #482 some legendary advice was given that will change your business, and your life, FOREVER. You're like, *holy crap* -- why didn't I think of that? Question is... will you remember it? Will you be able to find it 3 months from now? Will that print out get lost in the shuffle?

With the new bookmarking feature, you can save, tag, and catalog all your favorite Fastlane posts for easy retrieval.

HEADER / FOOTER AD REMOVAL
Additionally, all of the ads have been removed for INSIDERS except the sidebar ad which is a sponsorship position. (If someone pays to sponsor the forum, their ad will go there so it is imperative it shows up for everyone.) The ads that have gotten the ax is the header stuff and the footer banner ads.

BOOK GIVEWAYS
I'm going to make point of giving away a Fastlane worthy book every month.

CUSTOM TITLE
Now that the old speed system is fading, INSIDERS can once again edit a custom title for themselves. This will replace your kph number.

PRICE INCREASE
Additionally, the cost of a subscription will increase by $5 per month for all time durations.
  • $9.99/mo (Year)
  • $14.99/mo (6 mo)
  • $19.99/mo (3 mo)
PLEASE NOTE: Existing subscribers who have their PayPal renewal active are grandfathered at the OLD prices. If you cancel the auto-renewal at PayPal you will immediately be subject to the new rates should you decide to resubscribe in the future. The old prices stay in effect as long as the auto-payment remains.

Additionally, at anytime a membership requirement may be initiated: A required introduction post, minimum posts, minimum rep, minimum [anything], dependent on the growth/reduction of the group, and of course, my ability to integrate it into the software where it is an automatic process, versus me having to login and change/calculate/toggle some parameter.

Another item on the table are FREE INSIDERS subs based on rep $, giveaways bought by rep $ -- again, the sticking point is simple integration where it is automated, and not a manual process on my part.

Thanks for reading and thank u for being apart of the community!!

Best,
MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Thanks for all your hard work @MJ DeMarco and other staff. I love all the features you have been implementing lately. I was wondering if you could implement a buck or two in rep for people who have a post bookmarked .I've been booking marking people's posts like crazy. It really is a great feature that allows for quick reference of other people's contributions. Having a post bookmarked by another user seems much more important than someone hitting the like button.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for all your hard work @MJ DeMarco and other staff. I love all the features you have been implementing lately. I was wondering if you could implement a buck or two in rep for people who have a post bookmarked .I've been booking marking people's posts like crazy. It really is a great feature that allows for quick reference of other people's contributions. Having a post bookmarked by another user seems much more important than someone hitting the like button.

Great idea -- anything bookmarked will definitely be a worthy post. However, I doubt I will be able to implement it ... the bookmarking and rep system are two entirely different modules. As always, I will take a look and see if there an available solution.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
MJ - I love all the present (and it seems continual) improvements.

Only one thing I miss: being able to choose per watched thread how I want to be - or not to be - notified. For example, I have some threads I watch, but don't want to hear about and others (in particular ones i am OP on) that i want to get notified every time someone posts, quotes, etc.

Thanks!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Great features! @MJ DeMarco Have you thought about adding a "Rep Total Revenue"? I'm constantly giving away rep and I don't mind that my Rep Bank is always near 0, but some people might be discouraged to give rep away as they might think they are "losing" my doing so.

Cheers

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Damn increase with 5 dollar.. Serves me right for doubting to subscribe for so long, I guess. Learning MJ's lesson about taking action the hard way!
edit: I do support these changes though! :)

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
wow. that was quick. thanks for the watch/mail option

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.