What's new

new and completely stoked - here's my story

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Layna

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
44
Rep Bank
$205
User Power: 64%
Wow, it's good to be here! I had no idea a group like this existed!

Thursday I saw The Millionaire Fastlane mentioned in a comment on Penelope Trunk's blog. (Whoever posted there - thank you!) I was expecting something bogus, but decided it might be good for a laugh. Wrong. As I started researching the book and reading MJ's blog my first thought was, "Oh my gosh, I have to get this guy to coach me!" Which was immediately followed by, "Wait, he's a millionaire. No way he'll coach people." And then I saw the forum link. Score! This is an awesome resource.

Even the timing of getting here is pretty fortuitous, because I'm at kind of a pain point. I've wanted to become an entrepreneur since 15 when I first got a copy of Think and Grow Rich, but let myself be distracted again and again.

My situation might be a little different than many. I've had my share of tough times, but been lucky somehow and been able to do a lot of the things most people put off until retirement. I don't have money though, so what ends up happening, and this probably seems obvious, is other people have control of my life. That doesn't agree with me at all and I think I've finally learned that lesson.

So, I thought the solution was to go back and finish my degree. A degree would get me more respect, even if I don't like the slowlane but 18 months later I have a health problem (temporary), my car dies and the semester I drop loses my aid. Now, why am I going through that to get a job when that's never been my dream? I started thinking about what I can do without a degree that's outside the service industry. I was thinking about finding something that would let me freelance, but that's still a job. This is my pain point; I've been distracted and listening to other's plans for me and I've forgotten my own goals in the process.

The Millionaire Fastlane is my reminder and it's so good to find a place to connect with others who have similar goals. My sincere thanks to MJ for creating this and to the people here who share what they know. I really look forward to get to know you all and learning from you and I wish you all success!

Layna

P.S. If anyone could PM me the names of some posters who are experienced entrepreneurs, I'd really appreciate it. I want to start digging through the archives and I don't know who's who yet.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Tuni ug vji nutv iqod epf nutv wemaecmi qutvt esi gsun 2007, 2008 epf 2009. Hu cedl opvu voni cz atoph vji "efwepdif tiesdj" gievasi epf duqz epf qetvi vji citv qutvt opvu e xusf fudanipv epf tiqesevi vjin opvu devihusoit. O fof vjot epf pux emm O jewi vu fu ot dmodl up e gomi up nz fitlvuq. :q O moli vu vjopl ug ov lopfe moli nz "dmettsuun puvit". E muv ug vji fafit jisi fup'v lpux ov cav O liiq ep izi uav gus xjev ot qutvif cz vjin :hsuuwi:.
 
Vjeplt gus vji ximduni, B! Vjev't vji qutv vjev jet nz hiest vaspoph ;-)

TuDemFafi, huuf voq - O jefp'v vjuahjv ug vjev.

Djiist!
 
Tudemfafi, zua xepv emuv ug tqiif? Qutv vjev opgu aq jisi qmieti, qmieti, qmieti, O gus upi xomm howi zua tqiif! O lpux, O lpux, O en cioph mebz, cav tvomm duni up qmieti?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom