The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New affiliate marketing / real estate guy transitioning to amazon

Marketing, social media, advertising

Daedalus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Nov 7, 2013
Hey guys, new here.

The last time I posted was in an affiliate marketing AMA thread. I'm happy to say that thanks in large part to the OP, I found success in driving paid traffic to CPA offers. From November 2013 to April 2014 I made several hundred thousand dollars doing so, while working my godawful $50k 9-5 (more like 7-7).

I then rolled every penny into rental real estate, teaching myself the ropes by reading biggerpockets. I have about 30 units now.

This is after being almost suicidally depressed and in school debt with no forseeable way out.

After 8 months of vacationing and getting in shape I took another job to obtain traditional financing since I don't have the skills to make it on my own yet. It's a $150k oil and gas job that's interesting so it could be worse. The goal is to buy enough real estate to get to 10k a month in two years. Then I can quit since my expenses are like $1000 a month after I went hardcore and moved into a paid off RV.

I did some networking and met some people from here, JasonR and zen*******.

I'm looking to leverage my new Internet savviness to a business that is fastlane. I created a women's health product, it's low competition and the top seller is doing 8k I day. I can buy it for $5, amazon charges $7 to fulfill, and sell for $35. I bought a logo, box art, and a light box for photos. After that I will make slight modifications to the top seller's ad copy and let her rip. I am probably missing a lot here...does anyone hAve any advice?

Thanks fastlane forum for changing my life!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Wow wasn't expecting this kind of intro. Sounds like you should be doing an AMA instead of asking for advice. If you can manage to make that kind of money with CPA's, you should be using that same strategy for your own products. While Amazon can get you sales, it likely won't be able to do anywhere near the amount you would you be able to do for yourself with affiliate marketing.

Daedalus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Nov 7, 2013
I am thinking about turning the product into a straight sale CPA offer and putting it on affiliate networks since my friend owns one. It's expensive to make the landing page and whatnot so I thought id test the waters with amazon. As far as pushing traffic to it myself, I might dabble a bit in that but would prefer to have affiliates push it and deal with the BS like I used to.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
yeah, im kinda buffled myself you made several hundred thousand dollars in affilates, then got 30 rental units, and still worked a job doing that and going aftter another job in the oil industry AND doing a womens supplement.

How are you not doing 10k a month already?

Daedalus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Nov 7, 2013
Yeah, it's because I have no life, haha. I can live once I'm in the fastlane. I have two years maximum, and I'll be 31 so I can deal with that.

My real estate does about 4-5k net per month tax free currently. I have no other source of passive income at the moment, so I'm not close to 10k yet

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I guess key word being you're not at 10k a month passive.

makes more sense. I see what you mean now.

Daedalus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Nov 7, 2013
Right, some months I hit 16-17k total. But passive is all that matters to me since I have goals to knock out some bucket list items for a few years, which requires not having a job. All I've done my entire life is work so I would like to be more well rounded.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.