The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Never Would Have Thought...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Merchant

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 31, 2018
California
...I would have ended up here.

I dodged the huge "college" bullet. I went to one of the best public high schools in Oregon and they pushed college hard. I got looks of disappointment and sympathy when I said that I was going to enlist in the military. Fast forward six years, and I have a nice little chunk of change saved up, a payed off car with low miles, and have experienced things that most people dream of or see in movies.

Disillusioned to the military and the community that I joined I will be getting out before the end of the month and it is forcing me to face my reality: I have no income, and any future expenses will be coming out of my nice little savings account I've accumulated. I would have been here much sooner, but I thought I had a plan that relied on someone else that fell through (and incidentally put me exactly where I should be).

Armed with UNSCRIPTED, TMF, a little bit of savings, and more common sense than what I deem the vast majority, (as well as an amazing and supportive passenger) I feel a responsibility to succeed.

I have a path laid out with a digital prototype that I will finish by mid month and a physical prototype/proof of concept by the end of the month.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I am very excited and humbled to be here and apart of this community. Time to get to work.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Congrats on the bullet dodge! Your peers are armed with a $100K degree and a coffee grinder behind the counter at Starbucks! Welcome aboard.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Armed with UNSCRIPTED, TMF, a little bit of savings, and more common sense than what I deem the vast majority, (as well as an amazing and supportive passenger) I feel a responsibility to succeed.
You're probably not wrong on the common sense thing. That's for darn sure. The world needs more people like you.

OP
OP
Merchant

Merchant

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 31, 2018
California
Congrats on the bullet dodge! Your peers are armed with a $100K degree and a coffee grinder behind the counter at Starbucks! Welcome aboard.
And I do have friends that are in that situation or worse. Thank you for the comment MJ, to be honest I'm fangirling out over here a bit!

You're probably not wrong on the common sense thing. That's for darn sure. The world needs more people like you.
I really appreciate the compliment! I'm excited to see how quick to respond and accepting this community is!

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
That’s a really unfair, simplified way of putting it. On the contrary, there are a lot of wantrapreneurs with no money, sitting in coffee shops playing busy. An education is essential and it doesn’t have to be $100k. And let’s not forget the intrinsic value it can bring. Moreover, those coffee grinders keep food on people’s table, gas in their vehicles and for the most part, insured healthcare. Let’s not get all hollier than thou and preachy. Everyone’s path is different. Everyone’s talent level is different. I served in the USMC. I graduated from a respected university. And I’m in the top 1% of earners in a blue collard job. I aim to be an entrepreneur too but I’ll never mock a person’s path or current occupation.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
That’s a really unfair, simplified way of putting it. On the contrary, there are a lot of wantrapreneurs with no money, sitting in coffee shops playing busy. An education is essential and it doesn’t have to be $100k. And let’s not forget the intrinsic value it can bring. Moreover, those coffee grinders keep food on people’s table, gas in their vehicles and for the most part, insured healthcare. Let’s not get all hollier than thou and preachy. Everyone’s path is different. Everyone’s talent level is different. I served in the USMC. I graduated from a respected university. And I’m in the top 1% of earners in a blue collard job. I aim to be an entrepreneur too but I’ll never mock a person’s path or current occupation.
You are right on the wantrapreneurs!

But I'm not sure whether they will be in the coffee shops, how can you tell?

Sure, education is important and it never needs to be expensive. But understand that the majority of folks applying for education are young chaps that don't have the critical thinking to choose their own courses, and will follow anything the study counselors recommend them.

I myself got influenced by the sales pitches in education fairs and almost got into marine engineering, a course that would be harder to make a business out of. Very skill-limited.

On coffee grinding, it is not wrong. You might even find a Fastlane need there!

However, if you got into the job because you made some poor decisions back then, then it might be different. The good news though, is that decision-making can be trained.

Although MJ may seem like mocking, he actually means well. He just hates the fact that many college students still don't do enough work to be more than they can be.

He is not against coffee jobs.
Rant - I want to be a world-class X without the world-class effort! Tell me how!

Do give UNSCRIPTED a read. It explains it in detailed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom