The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Needed: SAAS subscriber agreement

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Hey, Fastlaners, I've built a SAAS MVP for the 1st of a few clients who've asked me to build it. Basically, it's a web portal that lets their clients/users see the details of the projects the company is working on for the end user. My SAAS doesn't store the client's info, but is a conduit: I snag the data from the company's on-premise database, and display it on a secure web portal.

At the moment, I need to get my client(s) on a monthly subscription which includes access to the portal, security updates, etc.

I've looked at other subscriber agreements (e.g., Salesforce), but wanted to see if anyone has a (simpler) boilerplate SAAS subscription agreement I might be able to use as a template or starting point. (In case it's relevant, my subscribers are businesses).

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Hey, Fastlaners, I've built a SAAS MVP for the 1st of a few clients who've asked me to build it. Basically, it's a web portal that lets their clients/users see the details of the projects the company is working on for the end user. My SAAS doesn't store the client's info, but is a conduit: I snag the data from the company's on-premise database, and display it on a secure web portal.

At the moment, I need to get my client(s) on a monthly subscription which includes access to the portal, security updates, etc.

I've looked at other subscriber agreements (e.g., Salesforce), but wanted to see if anyone has a (simpler) boilerplate SAAS subscription agreement I might be able to use as a template or starting point.

Thanks in advance!

Would a generic terms of service + privacy policy cover it?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
What kinds of things are you concerned about, business wise? (customers attempting to steal other customers' data, trying to reverse engineer your product, etc).

I'd develop a list of things that are important to your business, and then combine that with an agreement you find online.

Once you build up enough revenue, you should hire a lawyer to review it.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Thanks!

I was focused on "subscriber agreement," rather than TOS.

So, I reviewed a handful of TOS for other SAAS's (WooCommerce, Pipedrive, ClickUp, MinuteDock), and it looks like--at least for now--I can choose the pieces that apply to my SAAS, and cobble something together until I have enough revenue to have an attorney review & revise it.

The irony is that my clients are all law firms. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Locomote

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Feb 10, 2017
Canada
I have a very straight forward contract service agreement that I just had drawn up for me. I can share it with you if you'd like. It's simple and to the point, for a MVP it's probably all you need to get started.

Originally I tried to mix and match different contract service agreements that I found online to make my own. I just felt what I ended up with was counter productive/overkill for the SAAS I'm providing and the customers I'm providing the SAAS too. That's why decided to have a contract drawn up.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.