The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need to hire a web store programmer - Experienced

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Over the next few months I'll be ramping up my E-business, which currently operates on Ebay -- and opening up an independent site & store, which I want to accept credit cards, etc on it's own. It will start out with about 100 products and should ultimately be able to handle 500+ products by next year.

If you have experience building such a presence on the web, please email me some references (i.e. sites you've done), and a ball park figure for what I'm asking -- hakrjak@yahoo.com

Thanks!

-Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
p.s. -- I've thought about going with Yahoo's store, but that looks a little cheesey and cookie cutter to me. I'd like the look and feel to be more like Overstock.com, for example

- Hakrjak

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hakrjak,

I have been doing e-commerce sites for over 2 years. I own and operate www.aptohosting.com, doing web hosting and development for even longer! You can view a major e-commerce site we did at www.pbparadise.com. This is a mid size online retail paintball store, they receive over 750,000 unique hits per month and move lots of guns.
We also host PBP, so we monitor and maintain the site for them, which we can also do the same for you!

If you are interested in getting something setup, I would be more than happy to help AND give a Fastlane discount!

Thanks
Tom
www.aptohosting.com

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Cool, could you drop me an e-mail with a ballpark figure of what a site like the PBP site would cost me to have built & hosted? Looks like it has everything I need... Catalog, shopping cart, etc

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Pmed you- You can call me 24/7 at 919-923-1176.

Thanks
Tom
Aptohosting.com

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Cool, APTO, I may be calling you too!

I see that your sample site is powered by ocCommerce. My issue is with the checkout process and I see that your site has the same issue. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me.

On your PB site, when I type in my credit card number, is it processed right away or is the number stored and I have to manually entered it in through a 3rd party merchant account later?

My issue with Paypal is that a person has to enter all their contact info in the osCommerce engine and then when they click Paypal and they don't have an account, they have to enter it all again. I don't want a customer doing this twice.

What I want is for the checkout button to go to a page where the customer can choose Paypal or Google Checkout. Then from there all the payment processing is handled through them. The customer only has to enter their info one time.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Cool, APTO, I may be calling you too!

I see that your sample site is powered by ocCommerce. My issue is with the checkout process and I see that your site has the same issue. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me.

On your PB site, when I type in my credit card number, is it processed right away or is the number stored and I have to manually entered it in through a 3rd party merchant account later?

My issue with Paypal is that a person has to enter all their contact info in the osCommerce engine and then when they click Paypal and they don't have an account, they have to enter it all again. I don't want a customer doing this twice.

What I want is for the checkout button to go to a page where the customer can choose Paypal or Google Checkout. Then from there all the payment processing is handled through them. The customer only has to enter their info one time.

Biophase- That PBP site has been voted as one of the most sophisticated and customized OScommerce site on the internet. It has over 300 hours of backend/frontend php scripting.

This is what happens with the PBP order process.

1) Client chooses a gun, we will say a "WDP ANGEL" (since everyone has heard of angel)

2) Client goes through checkout, put in all their contact/billing information

3) Client chooses Paypal or Credit Card

4) Assume client chooses credit card

5) They are taken to a 256-bit ssl encrypted page with credit card info fields.

6) They fill that out and press "CHECKOUT", that information is relayed to Authorize.net.

7) If it is accepted it calls back to PBParadise.com, at this point everything is automated.

8) PBP recognizes that the credit card was authorized, it AUTOMATICALLY "sees" that he ordered an Angel paintball gun and that the order was verified.

9) So PBP will forward an email with all the clients details and order information to the WDP Angel supplier/distributor

10) The supplier calls me to confirm the order, it charges my business credit card, and I gets the clients money within 24-48 hours via Authorize.net depositing their cash into my bank of america checking account.

The entire process is automated, I never see the gun. The only thing I need to worry about is answering emails about tech questions, stock questions, and process few returns here and there.

If anyone has any questions about e-commerce/web development/blogging/web hosting, feel free to PM me. I have no problems spending my time helping you guys.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks! That's what I needed to know. I've seen some backends that were manual. I'm looking for a one-step automated one just like you described. But in my case, I will have to manually process my orders with my supplier, I dont think they have an automated ordering system.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Biophase- That PBP site has been voted as one of the most sophisticated and customized OScommerce site on the internet. It has over 300 hours of backend/frontend php scripting.

This is what happens with the PBP order process.

You web guys are just scary smart in my mind!

Rep ++:thankyousign:

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks! That's what I needed to know. I've seen some backends that were manual. I'm looking for a one-step automated one just like you described. But in my case, I will have to manually process my orders with my supplier, I dont think they have an automated ordering system.

They don't need an automated ordering system.

1) Do they keep a credit card on file?
2) Do they accept email orders?

If they do, then you can just set up a script that will check the order and re-route it to the right distributor.

May I ask what you are selling?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.