The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some sort of clear Path and I will be fine

Shreshtha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 2, 2021
India
I am 20 year old , will be applying for college under pressure from my family , I want a clear Fastlane path , yes I saw Mj’s last YouTube how to go from flat broke to filthy rich , but today in every field , every freelance work is filled such a huge competition, I don’t know what to get into , every field I get some interest , I see so many people are already doing this and entry in this field will be a bigger obstacle than learning and mastering the field , maybe I think it’s my lazy side making excuses, like I think if I wanna start with web development, instead of having a god-tier portfolio on first day , I should start making some websites for people around me for free and see where it goes , if you guys have some clear path do tell me , I am feeling very lost

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
I am 20 year old , will be applying for college under pressure from my family , I want a clear Fastlane path , yes I saw Mj’s last YouTube how to go from flat broke to filthy rich , but today in every field , every freelance work is filled such a huge competition, I don’t know what to get into , every field I get some interest , I see so many people are already doing this and entry in this field will be a bigger obstacle than learning and mastering the field , maybe I think it’s my lazy side making excuses, like I think if I wanna start with web development, instead of having a god-tier portfolio on first day , I should start making some websites for people around me for free and see where it goes , if you guys have some clear path do tell me , I am feeling very lost
If you haven't already I would highly recommend reading the books it seems like they could really help your situation out.

In terms of a Fastlane path, that is going to be something that you have to find out for yourself. Barriers to entry can at times be signs that you are going in the right direction and long as the market isn't saturated.

But if you want some advice on how to find a Fastlane. Find an area of life where responsibility has been absent for many people and look to fill it. Find some kind of pain in society and then provide a solution for it. Make sure that it follows the CENTS commandments and then work your tail off.

Even with all of that being said as far as I know there is no such thing as a clear path unless you make one.

Arbaz

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 24, 2021
India
In every competition there's a ratio
Take for example 20/80 ratio, where 20% people are those who work hard daily & get better everyday!
Whereas there's 80% people who are average (not an expert) most of them are going to quit very soon.
These 80% people doesn't matter enough.
Your real competitors are 20%!
Search for that person who belongs to 20% category (someone who is best in that work)
That's your competitor...
Now think how much time & work will it take according to you to learn enough so you can compete him/her skills.
And what extra value u can provide to the same market.

Also Think from a value skewing perspective,
Start and if you hear closely you'll find out some hidden opportunities ( You have to work on it) that can break down the competition barrier from your path.

For more clarity read Unscripted chapter no. 35 (by MJ DeMarco).

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
You cant run from competition and in india it is hell of competition. I can suggest you something (but with sir mj's books reference).
If your parents are forcing you to get into college, you should get into college but consider this
College should be handled as hot stove, you can use it to cook food or can get burns with it.
The best college degrees which return well relative value in marketplace are STEM namely
Science technology engineering medical.
If you are getting into college then should consider these before other degrees and you and your parents can come to an aggregate about it ( you get into college and they give you freedom to choose the stream)
Your choices made who you are today and will make you what you will be tomorrow, so be conscious about your choices.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...