The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Some Advise On Optimizing Facebook Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

mitchc369

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 3, 2016
Hello everyone! I am a graphic designer by trade and have recently started using Teespring and Facebook ads to sell my t-shirts and have been experiencing some difficulties getting my cost per engagements etc. low. I see a lot of people saying their average is something along the lines of .04 - .08 or so and I am usually in the .30's at best. I have played some with altering the interests/demographics but cant seem to find the "trick" to it. I hear its best not to have too large of a potential reach but no too small ether so I tend to keep it around 30 - 90k. I have attached some screen shots of one of my PPE ads with the post and would very much appreciate it if someone could help me clarify these issues and maybe get me going in the right direction. It seems a good bit has changed with FB advertising over the last couple years and would love to figure out how to get it "right" and achieve what I am paying for. Again, I am thankful for any help and could post more info or screenshots if needed.

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Hello everyone! I am a graphic designer by trade and have recently started using Teespring and Facebook ads to sell my t-shirts and have been experiencing some difficulties getting my cost per engagements etc. low. I see a lot of people saying their average is something along the lines of .04 - .08 or so and I am usually in the .30's at best. I have played some with altering the interests/demographics but cant seem to find the "trick" to it. I hear its best not to have too large of a potential reach but no too small ether so I tend to keep it around 30 - 90k. I have attached some screen shots of one of my PPE ads with the post and would very much appreciate it if someone could help me clarify these issues and maybe get me going in the right direction. It seems a good bit has changed with FB advertising over the last couple years and would love to figure out how to get it "right" and achieve what I am paying for. Again, I am thankful for any help and could post more info or screenshots if needed.

View attachment 13482 View attachment 13483

I know plenty of people tout those ultra-low CPCs, and they are possible, but the average is much closer to what you're doing. Keep doing what you're doing.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Do not keep doing what you're doing because it's a total waste of time. You're targeting a very small group of people so there's no way you're going to sell much. Most of them will see your ad multiple times so things will only get worse from here. You'll be lucky to sell one t-shirt. How much is your t-shirt anyways?

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
I'm not sure if your tshirts are super specific to nursing, but if they aren't I would target medical professional in general.
It would broaden the group other types of hospital workers.

Also 25-43 is a narrow age group. I personally know some 21 year old RNs and 18-20 CNA/LPNs. As well as plenty of RNs who are well over 43yo.

Good luck.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
If you're selling apparel to nurses, why not find an apparel company that sells nurse gowns or something similar to what you're selling and target the people that are interested in their page? Just an idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nam88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 31, 2012
Hi,
I am doing with teespring myself and from your result STOP what are you doing.

I mean you spend 24$ and zero sales. So your in negative ROI by now.

Why PPE i advise you to join the group of https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeespringNews/ or t shirt member https://www.facebook.com/groups/224319634401534/

and real all the info that you can.

Now facebook is changing much and the old PPE trick is not working more. The old times you can sell with ppe because FB didn't have much data but now if you bid for PPE page post engagement it means that you will get only engagement (crazy right? :) ) .

I would suggest to go for website conversion . (add to cart is working fine for many at the moment)

I also think that the shirt is not really appealing to the nurse niche since you're engagement cost is pretty high and you're CTR is pretty low for PPE ads.

I hope that you're using 1200x1200 ads format and.

I would work on the message or the design of the shirt since the nurse niche is SUPER competitive( but on the other side HIGH lucrative)
and use a webconversion ads as testing ground.

BTW 90 k is not a small audience. You can still sell 100 shirt in this range and since the niche is much bigger you can scale out after.

I sold shirt in a 20 k audience it all matter if the audience is a buying audience and how good your shirt is.

This is my 2c.

Good luck with your TS journey

iAmAttila

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 6, 2014
CPM's on FB USA right now average around $40

so if you run newfeed, and your ctr is 7%, then you are looking at 28-30 cent clicks on average.
If you want to pay less than that, you need to increase your CTR; however 7% is pretty good already.

Also, the more you target, the more expensive the CPM's get. What we do is target super broad, run conversion objective campaign and train the pixel.
In the case of teespring, you want to optimize for add to carts, to get more data back to the pixel (more conversions) so it can start working, I can't recall how many, but its either 30, or 100 minimum in a 24h period that the pixel needs in order to work properly.

On how to scale your FB campaigns, once you got it dialed in, check out this article

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.