I need your input for an online training and personal development business.
Upon reading The Book I started my first online business and since one and a half year ago this business put enough food on my table.
I have developed a new online business idea which is basically a spin-off from the initial business. The new business is basically about teaching people how to get better jobs and hunt for higher salary with a set of training programs, ebooks and one to one coaching.
I have personally designed and written all the materials and believe they would satisfy MJ's rules of a successful business idea as the list below suggests:
1) Make them feel better
2) Help them solve a problem
3) Educate them
4) Make them look better (health, nutrition, clothing, makeup)
5) Give them security (housing, safety, health)
6) Arise a positive emotion (love, happiness, laughter, self-confidence)
7) Satisfy appetites of all kind, from basic (food) to the risqué (sexual).
8) Make things easier
9) Enhance their dreams and give hope
This time, I plan to build the website myself and avoid the mistake I made last time by outsourcing this tasks and paying a company 25 times the had I done it myself. I have spent hours learning wordpress and I'm fairly confident about my abilities to build an entire website. Off course I'll require expert advice from time to time.
I need your advice on issues pertaining to the creation of an online training and personal development business online using wordpress. What are the plugins that are most essential? What will be the appropriate layout of the homepage and every single page? How to protect my copyright? What are the common pitfalls wordpress novice like myself should look out for? Any other important information or tips will be appreciated.
Upon reading The Book I started my first online business and since one and a half year ago this business put enough food on my table.
I have developed a new online business idea which is basically a spin-off from the initial business. The new business is basically about teaching people how to get better jobs and hunt for higher salary with a set of training programs, ebooks and one to one coaching.
I have personally designed and written all the materials and believe they would satisfy MJ's rules of a successful business idea as the list below suggests:
1) Make them feel better
2) Help them solve a problem
3) Educate them
4) Make them look better (health, nutrition, clothing, makeup)
5) Give them security (housing, safety, health)
6) Arise a positive emotion (love, happiness, laughter, self-confidence)
7) Satisfy appetites of all kind, from basic (food) to the risqué (sexual).
8) Make things easier
9) Enhance their dreams and give hope
This time, I plan to build the website myself and avoid the mistake I made last time by outsourcing this tasks and paying a company 25 times the had I done it myself. I have spent hours learning wordpress and I'm fairly confident about my abilities to build an entire website. Off course I'll require expert advice from time to time.
I need your advice on issues pertaining to the creation of an online training and personal development business online using wordpress. What are the plugins that are most essential? What will be the appropriate layout of the homepage and every single page? How to protect my copyright? What are the common pitfalls wordpress novice like myself should look out for? Any other important information or tips will be appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
