The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Need ideas for new software

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
I'm a software developer (not a great one, but I manage) and I'm looking for ideas of what you'd like some software to solve a problem you might have.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
What about... software that detects problems on social media, so software developers know what software they need to build?

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
What about... software that detects problems on social media, so software developers know what software they need to build?

Or possibly some s/w that detects snarky comments on otherwise helpful forums?

Anyone have any business pain points they'd like to see s/w address?

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2014
Your question is huuuuuge. It's far too broad to solicit any serious comments, and this may not be the best place for your question.

Who frequents this website? Aspiring entrepreneurs from all walks of life and industries, and a handful of successful entrepreneurs from all walks of life and industries.

You're essentially walking up to strangers and saying "what bothers you?"

I imagine the most common answer will be "You."

Give yourself some direction. Do you want to provide a software solution for entrepreneurs? What types of industries do your future clients work in? Maybe they're ecommerce entrepreneurs who sell physical products on Amazon. Now you can ask your FBA folks what they struggle the most with in... which part of the process do you want to focus on? Product selection, importing, listing design, marketing, customer acquisition, repeat customer acquisition, etc.?

Narrow yourself down, and go after that audience.

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
Your question is huuuuuge. It's far too broad to solicit any serious comments, and this may not be the best place for your question.

Who frequents this website? Aspiring entrepreneurs from all walks of life and industries, and a handful of successful entrepreneurs from all walks of life and industries.

You're essentially walking up to strangers and saying "what bothers you?"

I imagine the most common answer will be "You."

Give yourself some direction. Do you want to provide a software solution for entrepreneurs? What types of industries do your future clients work in? Maybe they're ecommerce entrepreneurs who sell physical products on Amazon. Now you can ask your FBA folks what they struggle the most with in... which part of the process do you want to focus on? Product selection, importing, listing design, marketing, customer acquisition, repeat customer acquisition, etc.?

Narrow yourself down, and go after that audience.

Good stuff. I guess I need to figure out what my target audience would be and how to best connect with them. Quite a few niches there!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom