The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

need help with mobile game devlopement

richardsmith

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 14, 2021
I need some information about how to make a successful mobile game app. I am not looking for a coding tutorial I'm looking for a book, website, video etc... that tells me how to make mobile games work successfully, what to add, how to get downloads, how to make money, why some games are successful and others are not etc... . I've tried looking but couldn't really find anything that useful if anyone has any recommendation please help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shreshtha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 2, 2021
India
I need some information about how to make a successful mobile game app. I am not looking for a coding tutorial I'm looking for a book, website, video etc... that tells me how to make mobile games work successfully, what to add, how to get downloads, how to make money, why some games are successful and others are not etc... . I've tried looking but couldn't really find anything that useful if anyone has any recommendation please help.
One thing if you haven’t noticed by now is that the Biggest Mobile Games have one thing in common, they do not sell some sort of gameplay advantage to players , Fortnite and PUBG and now even Among Us , like I play Chess as well , imagine if it was made today and you had to pay to get a piece , maybe that’s one of the Strategy, other strategy can be to make a very very High Quality Premium Artistic Quirky Game and Charge accordingly like The Amanita Studio Games , Papers Please (mobile version) , Plague INC etc
Points to Remmber
1. Avoid selling Gameplay Advantage
2. Be Different or Do something Trendy (like the Plague INC boom in this Pandemic or the Among Us boom , different and free )
3. High Quality or Artistic or Quirky and Different people will pay
4. Story , many games just have a story , story triggers emotions etc
5.Try keeping a streamers perspective, will people who will stream or share your game with their friends or promote it will say , will it be fun to share and stream Etc
6. Social Factor , will people be able to play with others etc
7. Will players have a competitive pride feeling when having a certain thing , like players chasing rating points in chess , or Ranks in Pubg or some skin in Fortnite etc
There is no Hard and Fast rule , your Game doesn’t need to have all things I say but a Balance .

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I would avoid mobile game dev as a plague.

But if you're young, ambitious and with a mind then you'll come to this conclusion on your own.

Here are some great resources on mobile game design:

Listen to their podcast. It's a gold mine.

Watch this channel:

Read these books:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1512322172/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0124166903/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Study from these eastern European devs:

And...

Good luck my friend :)

Because luck is the only thing that can make you compete as a noob without $1M of resources, a solid team of experienced developers in eastern Europe and a shit ton of patience to swim in a blood of ocean.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.