The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help understanding distributor relationships

Medic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2012
- Hi all,

I am finally in business with my niche sports device. A friend and I created the whole device from scratch in 18 months and now have product to ship, a clean website, ecommerce. It's great to be finally here!

We planned to market on forums and social media as people in the sport gather in the same places and are fanatical about their gear. But I've gotten a bunch of emails from people wanting to be distributors and need help understanding how distributor relationships work.

The distributors want to market my product through their established specialty websites/shops (most likely for a % cut of the product cost), but how does that work in practice?

Some of my initial thoughts are:

- Do distributors pay upfront for the product?
- Is it cash on sale?
- Exclusivity?
- Minimum order/minimum sales agreements to remain a distributor?
- Are there standard contract for these agreements (Legalzoom etc)
- Should I get pro help before entering into any arrangements

Been searching the web on this but not finding answers...

Thanks,

Medic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.