• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Need Help Overcoming my Polyamorous Ways

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by 404profound, Oct 10, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. 404profound

404profound Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,177
    As has been brought up by others, I am in a vortex of polyamory with my business concepts. I've cone up with 4 viable ideas with demand signals at this point, and I'm temped to pursue them all (and I know doing so will mean running myself straight into the dirt). I'm curious how others have overcome the "idea addiction" and buckled down with one idea spouse (I allot myself one horrible pun per day).

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

- Cheers

ZF Lee likes this.
  2. AndrewNC

AndrewNC Limitless Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $59,804
    One day you'll be in love with the one. And when that day comes, Nobody else in the world would ever stand a chance with you because you are in love with "the one". No matter how pretty or tempting anyone else might have been in the past - one day the day will come where you build something meaningful...and lasting.

What if that day is today?

Who is it? And which other three are you going to ghost? Stay with the one that comes from the heart - because that's the right one.

Most people don't commit because they aren't certain that they chose the right one. But you will be Certain things will stay the same if you don't choose.

As for the business idea question - I'll think about it and answer that question later. </datingRant>

3. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Money Never Sleeps Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,361
    I just ordered a moleskin notebook where I plan on tracking daily sales, earning, etc.

Stop focusing on ideas and start concentrating on sales; a business can only go as far as the money it earns.

I, too, was caught up with building shit, but it doesn’t matter until you start paying shit off.

Puppy, cmor16, ZF Lee and 1 other person like this.
  4. RogueInnovation

RogueInnovation Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,589
    Ha, just do the most feasible
    as in, the one with the least responsibility
    I've dropped a few good ideas cuz I just couldn't handle them tbh
    My plans on them were good, ideas were all fleshed out, logistics sorted
    But I just couldn't bear the responsibility

So I'm now doing something I can BEAR the weight of
    in the end the idea doesn't matter so much, its the heart you bring to the idea
    so you just gotta ask yourself, which one can you put your heart into, without choking

Puppy, ZF Lee and 404profound like this.
  5. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $890
    I am sure you have read it, but reading about the "Tekel" Syndrome in TMF always centers me back to where I need to be. That is, if I start getting out of hand with business ideas or believe I have found the easiest way to make or chase money. Take that one business idea that you have the best ideas, material and gusto for and stay with it.

404profound likes this.
  6. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $38,095
    I operate the most promising business, and then have "side projects".

The most promising business always comes first, often at the cost of the side projects being neglected. For the side projects I hire other people, and work on a timeline that's a minimum of 10x longer than if I was working full-time. However, it allows me to satisfy my craving for multiple projects while still growing the business that makes the most sense.

If you're going to go this route, make sure your side projects are ones you could easily execute on. You don't want side projects that cannot be put on hold, or are too ambitious and will bite away at your attention to your main business.

Puppy, Duane, inputchip and 8 others like this.
  7. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $8,389
    if you can actively commit to multiple different ventures, I don't see what the problem is

404profound likes this.
  8. Mainstream7

Mainstream7 Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $582
    Which one is hypothetically the most lucrative? With which one can you reach your fastlane target as fast as possible? Do you have soft proof of it?
    Are you committed to it´s process, or do you have something else in the back of your mind?

404profound likes this.
  9. Laughingman21

Laughingman21 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $321
    There's a tool in TMF to help you make decisions called the Weighted Average Decision Maker WADM (on page 167). Could you apply your options against that and see which one comes out best?

You can always come back to the others, but having a focus at the beginning will get you moving faster.

404profound and ZF Lee like this.
  10. 404profound

404profound Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,177
    Thank you to all who shared some wisdom, especially @AndrewNC for taking it a step further and remediating my troubled romantic life!

So I've made a decision, and it was quite a difficult one. I had been considering a coaching business, two different blogs, and a copyrighting company. Despite the blogs having the strongest scalability, I am going the copywriting route. My passion for writing is something I can't ignore, and the process of learning to do good copy with refine my skills immensely. There are emerging industries begging for this service, and based on the research I've done, many of them are short of options. It will be a steep hill to climb to learn both the industry and the logistics of effective copy, and it's a hill I'm excited to climb.

Again, your comments collectively helped me quite a bit, and I'm thankful for you all and this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

journeyman and AndrewNC like this.
  11. inputchip

inputchip Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,117
    Honestly, all of these ideas sound like "me too" ventures. What previous experience gives you authority to coach or blog? Without previous experience or authority on certain subjects these "me too" projects typically fail.

Copywriting can be learned. However, I would be cautious following passions. Take a look at @Joe Cassandra's posts for some great advice in this area.

Kingmaker likes this.