The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need HELP! Found a geographical arbitrage opportunity, now what?

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
I have something very common in my neck of the woods and its free to everyone in my area its hot spring mineral water.

In fact my small town was once known for its hot springs back in the early 1900s wealthy people, even heard the New York Yankees, came down for there healing powers.

Do you guys see an opportunity here could I bottle the water and sell it on the Internet?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
If you really want to pursue it then i think you should start research FDA (Food and Drug Administration). They probably have list of rules and certificates you have to have in order to sell edible product.

Anyway, good luck with this!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Maybe take a look at the water from Mineral Wells, Texas. It's called Crazy Water. I buy it all the time but I can only find it at certain Kroger stores. See what all they have done and maybe try to do a few things better than them. If you do get something going I'd say try to get it in to HEB stores. Or maybe try for drug stores small and large. Maybe try to get Chip and Johanna to sell it at their place. It's too bad the source isn't closer or right in Waco so people could have a town to identify the water with. But on the other side of the coin, just be glad it's not near Hippie Hollow Park (nude beach near Austin). :jawdrop:

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
You mean to drink it? Shipping liquids is expensive. Usually, for instance in the case of beer companies, the beer company will set up a brewery at the sales location. Heineken isn't shipping cans of beer from Holland to South Africa, or wherever you end up drinking it.

So it'd have to be marketed as some high-end, pretentious premium product, and you'd have to do the math.
Top 12 Most Expensive Water Brands In The World: Beverly Hills 9OH20 vs Acqua di Cristallo - Financesonline.com

It's a business that's going to need a fair bit of capital.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Crazy Water ships for FREE!! $21.50 for 2 bottles or 1 bottle for $18.00. They've been in business for many years.... I don't know if they make any profit or not though.... I think I pay like $2 or $3 in the store. I try not to pay attention to the price of anything but I know it's not over $3.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I have something very common in my neck of the woods and its free to everyone in my area its hot spring mineral water.

In fact my small town was once known for its hot springs back in the early 1900s wealthy people, even heard the New York Yankees, came down for there healing powers.

Do you guys see an opportunity here could I bottle the water and sell it on the Internet?

This looks interesting! I don't have any relevant experience with anything like this. My only advice would be to check with the FDA and look up history and other fancy local water sellers... which you're already doing. I look forward to learning more, as you decide whether or not to more forward with this!

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Thats a fantastic idea . I think you should start by selling water nearby places and see results for yourself . Also check FDA rules before you start.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 19649
Found this little gem while doing some research online

As someone that is familiar with Marlin, TX and lived 20 minutes away... Even I have never heard of the water or healing springs. So, that seems to be a bit of an uphill marketing battle... But I say try it out!

Logan Powell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 9, 2018
Banff, Alberta, Canada
Hey Papi.

I actually work at a hot springs in Banff, Alberta, Canada.

I do marketing and promotions for them. I can tell you that I have definitely received a couple of inquiries regarding people wanting to buy the hot springs water from our source.

The hardest problem you may have will be connecting to that market. It is usually very "unique" individuals who want to buy this water.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.