• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Need HELP! Found a geographical arbitrage opportunity, now what?

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by papi016, May 30, 2018.

1. papi016

papi016 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $353
    I have something very common in my neck of the woods and its free to everyone in my area its hot spring mineral water.

In fact my small town was once known for its hot springs back in the early 1900s wealthy people, even heard the New York Yankees, came down for there healing powers.

Do you guys see an opportunity here could I bottle the water and sell it on the Internet?

2. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,505
    If you really want to pursue it then i think you should start research FDA (Food and Drug Administration). They probably have list of rules and certificates you have to have in order to sell edible product.

Anyway, good luck with this!

3. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,848
    Maybe take a look at the water from Mineral Wells, Texas. It's called Crazy Water. I buy it all the time but I can only find it at certain Kroger stores. See what all they have done and maybe try to do a few things better than them. If you do get something going I'd say try to get it in to HEB stores. Or maybe try for drug stores small and large. Maybe try to get Chip and Johanna to sell it at their place. It's too bad the source isn't closer or right in Waco so people could have a town to identify the water with. But on the other side of the coin, just be glad it's not near Hippie Hollow Park (nude beach near Austin). :jawdrop:

Late Bloomer, papi016 and Kid like this.
  4. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,783
    You mean to drink it? Shipping liquids is expensive. Usually, for instance in the case of beer companies, the beer company will set up a brewery at the sales location. Heineken isn't shipping cans of beer from Holland to South Africa, or wherever you end up drinking it.

So it'd have to be marketed as some high-end, pretentious premium product, and you'd have to do the math.
    Top 12 Most Expensive Water Brands In The World: Beverly Hills 9OH20 vs Acqua di Cristallo - Financesonline.com

It's a business that's going to need a fair bit of capital.

5. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,848
    Crazy Water ships for FREE!! $21.50 for 2 bottles or 1 bottle for $18.00. They've been in business for many years.... I don't know if they make any profit or not though.... I think I pay like $2 or $3 in the store. I try not to pay attention to the price of anything but I know it's not over $3.

Tommo and papi016 like this.
  6. papi016

papi016 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $353
    D73D751F-9AC1-43C8-BE2A-8E00204AB0FB.png
    Found this little gem while doing some research online

7. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    This looks interesting! I don't have any relevant experience with anything like this. My only advice would be to check with the FDA and look up history and other fancy local water sellers... which you're already doing. I look forward to learning more, as you decide whether or not to more forward with this!

8. Bhanu

Bhanu Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,305
    Thats a fantastic idea . I think you should start by selling water nearby places and see results for yourself . Also check FDA rules before you start.

Kid likes this.
  9. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $151
    There's a guy who did this in my area. It's just natural spring water from his property, but he started bottling it and now private labels it to Kroger.

10. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,225
    As someone that is familiar with Marlin, TX and lived 20 minutes away... Even I have never heard of the water or healing springs. So, that seems to be a bit of an uphill marketing battle... But I say try it out!

11. Logan Powell

Logan Powell Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $352
    Hey Papi.

I actually work at a hot springs in Banff, Alberta, Canada.

I do marketing and promotions for them. I can tell you that I have definitely received a couple of inquiries regarding people wanting to buy the hot springs water from our source.

The hardest problem you may have will be connecting to that market. It is usually very "unique" individuals who want to buy this water.

Kid likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.