The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice (ielts+study abroad) plz

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

KindleTheFlame.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 28, 2023
Hello there,
I need advice regarding my ielts and studying abroad.
For context:
I live in pakistan.
I just gave my F.S.C pre med exams a few months back. The results come out on the 23rd of september.

I am looking forward to studying abroad as the opportunities here are limited but am lacking the mentors to make the correct and informed decisions. Im not passionate about a degree or a certain type of work i just need something that will get me a PR which would lead me into getting citizenship of that country.

For the country ive set the condition that it must be a well-developed english speaking country (canada,australia,uk,ireland,new zealand etc etc).

Since ive done fsc pre med i can basically enter any field (as long as i take foundational classes if its unrelated to my degree).

I have 3 options which i have thought of.

A healthcare degree (good for PR, Bad(?) For fastlane, Moderate competition, No extra foundational classes)
Such as.
*Radiologist
*Veterinarian
*Male nurse.

A cs/it degree (Good for PR, Decent for fastlane, High competition, Extra foundational classes.)
*Software engineer.
*Data analyst.
*Cyber security.

An industrial degree (lack info to make pros and cons list.)

*Agricultural sciences.
*Textile sciences.
*Chemicals.

These are the ones ive thought of up until now, further suggestions welcomed.

Now, for my ielts
I need to clear my ielts in one month. Im capable of getting a decent band myself but im unsure if i can properly prepare it myself.
I have the option of physical coaching but it is expensive. Worth giving a shot though.

Another decision im unsure of is if i should consider germeny as a potential country. I hear its good for immigration and PR but they dont speak english. I would have to develop my german to the B1 level in order to apply to unis there. (What i heard)

I also hear that the university fees in germany is cheaper and hence its easier to become independent there (financially) while studying.

Again, i lack the info to make a informed decision. I need help asap as im finalizing all of this by the next 1-2 months. Honestly wished i looked into this more before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

asman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Aug 26, 2023
Hello there,
I need advice regarding my ielts and studying abroad.
For context:
I live in pakistan.
I just gave my F.S.C pre med exams a few months back. The results come out on the 23rd of september.

I am looking forward to studying abroad as the opportunities here are limited but am lacking the mentors to make the correct and informed decisions. Im not passionate about a degree or a certain type of work i just need something that will get me a PR which would lead me into getting citizenship of that country.

For the country ive set the condition that it must be a well-developed english speaking country (canada,australia,uk,ireland,new zealand etc etc).

Since ive done fsc pre med i can basically enter any field (as long as i take foundational classes if its unrelated to my degree).

I have 3 options which i have thought of.

A healthcare degree (good for PR, Bad(?) For fastlane, Moderate competition, No extra foundational classes)
Such as.
*Radiologist
*Veterinarian
*Male nurse.

A cs/it degree (Good for PR, Decent for fastlane, High competition, Extra foundational classes.)
*Software engineer.
*Data analyst.
*Cyber security.

An industrial degree (lack info to make pros and cons list.)

*Agricultural sciences.
*Textile sciences.
*Chemicals.

These are the ones ive thought of up until now, further suggestions welcomed.

Now, for my ielts
I need to clear my ielts in one month. Im capable of getting a decent band myself but im unsure if i can properly prepare it myself.
I have the option of physical coaching but it is expensive. Worth giving a shot though.

Another decision im unsure of is if i should consider germeny as a potential country. I hear its good for immigration and PR but they dont speak english. I would have to develop my german to the B1 level in order to apply to unis there. (What i heard)

I also hear that the university fees in germany is cheaper and hence its easier to become independent there (financially) while studying.

Again, i lack the info to make a informed decision. I need help asap as im finalizing all of this by the next 1-2 months. Honestly wished i looked into this more before.
Hello,

First of all, I lack a lot of info peobably more so than you.

But, It sounds like you already have made up your mind about studying abroad, although you said: "Im not passionate about a degree or a certain type of work i just need something that will get me a PR which would lead me into getting citizenship of that country."

However, if you want to go Fastlane and you know you don't need a degree for it then why waste 2-4 years of education?

If you want to go to a country solely based on receiving a PR then why not paying someone to marry you? (Rhetorical question)

I'm informed that most German Unis are free and that their living costs are considerably lower than that of other European countries (have visited Germany along with many other European countries in the past).

(FYI I don't condone illegal activities)

KindleTheFlame.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 28, 2023
Hello,

First of all, I lack a lot of info peobably more so than you.

But, It sounds like you already have made up your mind about studying abroad, although you said: "Im not passionate about a degree or a certain type of work i just need something that will get me a PR which would lead me into getting citizenship of that country."

However, if you want to go Fastlane and you know you don't need a degree for it then why waste 2-4 years of education?

If you want to go to a country solely based on receiving a PR then why not paying someone to marry you? (Rhetorical question)

I'm informed that most German Unis are free and that their living costs are considerably lower than that of other European countries (have visited Germany along with many other European countries in the past).

(FYI I don't condone illegal activities)
I've already made up my mind on going abroad.

The average wages in pakistan are 250 usd/month. Fastlane options are limited with 20-30% inflation every MONTH. Everything is controlled by the military. Going abroad and properly starting a business there would be much better in the long term.

Just as MJ changed his environment by going to phenoix. I am going to do the same. Getting a degree and a job there is the most probable way to do this.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
I left my country to study in UK. The stuff I studied in wasn't really of much help, but it got me in a better country and allowed me to learn/build other stuff.

So don't worry about your degree that much, unless you're pretty sure you wanna turn it into a career.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KindleTheFlame.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 28, 2023
I left my country to study in UK. The stuff I studied in wasn't really of much help, but it got me in a better country and allowed me to learn/build other stuff.

So don't worry about your degree that much, unless you're pretty sure you wanna turn it into a career.
Hey,
So basically, i want to maximize the value i get out of my degree. Wether that be in helping me get a PR or turning it into an asset for the fastlane. I wanna get the most out of it.
Thanks for the assurance tho.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
Hey,
So basically, i want to maximize the value i get out of my degree. Wether that be in helping me get a PR or turning it into an asset for the fastlane. I wanna get the most out of it.
Thanks for the assurance tho.

Apparently one of the most common "requirements" for success in business is industry experience. So whichever you choose, you will probably go into that industry for a few years, learn how it works and then you'd know what business to start since you've already worked in that industry and know it's pain points.

If you're not sure, I would just go CS, but I am biased.

UK specifics:
Regarding IELTS, here in UK universities don't seem to care that much. I know someone who didn't take it. They just phoned the university and had a 2 minute conversation with them and they deemed them good enough.

Regarding fees, check if the UK gov can give you a loan. Not sure if they do for people outside EU. I'm from EU so that worked and the load repayment is really nice and hassle free.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.