The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need a change of environment? Project Boulder!!!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
boulder1.png

In October 2013, I moved in a condo in Scottsdale, AZ for six months with two other entrepreneurs I met through the fastlane summit...during that time: businesses were grown, printers were thrown off of balconies, jobs were quitted, and epic times have occurred...

We called that apartment "Project Scotsdale"

Fast forward to today: Project Boulder

I'm going to be living in Boulder, Colorado with two other entrepreneurs until August 5th. Two of us just got an apartment with a rooftop balcony overlooking the rocky mountains, walking distance from the restaurants and nightlift of pearl street mall, and walking distance from CU boulder campus.

Rooftop balcony:

Over the next few months, I will be:
  1. Growing our personal and business brands.
  2. Meeting with angel investors learning how to pitch to investors.
  3. Writing a (Future) best-selling book.
  4. Helping others, while growing my business to the next level.
  5. Hiking high up in the rocky mountains, enjoying the relaxed boulder atmosphere and building out an outgoing social circle.
Pretty much living life the way I always dreamed of, and growing every single day as much as I can for three months.

upload_2016-4-19_15-42-15.png

This isn't any formal meetup or any official thing...and I just made this post for those of you who are ready for a new change in scenery and are looking to network with other like minded entrepreneurs (outside of the 126 degree weather of scottsdale, AZ this summer).

We already signed the dotted line on the move (I've been here since february - the other two are moving out in three weeks).

If anyone is about to make that jump...feel free to reach out and see if Boulder, CO might be the right destination for you...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-19_15-39-20.png
    upload_2016-4-19_15-39-20.png
    456 KB · Views: 37

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
I would be down for this if I wasn't already set to move to Scottsdale this fall.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
View attachment 12146

In October 2013, I moved in a condo in Scottsdale, AZ for six months with two other entrepreneurs I met through the fastlane summit...during that time: businesses were grown, printers were thrown off of balconies, jobs were quitted, and epic times have occurred...

We called that apartment "Project Scotsdale"

Fast forward to today: Project Boulder

I'm going to be living in Boulder, Colorado with two other entrepreneurs until August 5th. Two of us just got an apartment with a rooftop balcony overlooking the rocky mountains, walking distance from the restaurants and nightlift of pearl street mall, and walking distance from CU boulder campus.

Rooftop balcony:

Over the next few months, I will be:
  1. Growing our personal and business brands.
  2. Meeting with angel investors learning how to pitch to investors.
  3. Writing a (Future) best-selling book.
  4. Helping others, while growing my business to the next level.
  5. Hiking high up in the rocky mountains, enjoying the relaxed boulder atmosphere and building out an outgoing social circle.
Pretty much living life the way I always dreamed of, and growing every single day as much as I can for three months.

View attachment 12148

This isn't any formal meetup or any official thing...and I just made this post for those of you who are ready for a new change in scenery and are looking to network with other like minded entrepreneurs (outside of the 126 degree weather of scottsdale, AZ this summer).

We already signed the dotted line on the move (I've been here since february - the other two are moving out in three weeks).

If anyone is about to make that jump...feel free to reach out and see if Boulder, CO might be the right destination for you...

looks like New Hampshire, just way less trees!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Who are the two other forum members?

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014

I'm one of them.

Been back and forth to Boulder a couple times over the last year, and I'll be there over the summer as well for several months.

Then I'll probably move on to someplace else after that before winter comes and it gets cold as hell again.

If anyone is looking for a change of environment, you absolutely cannot go wrong with Boulder, or even the surrounding areas, especially during summer.

If anyone's considering making the move, feel free to reach out to me as well.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
^Valor is one.

The other is not active on the forum I met him at a vegan meetup.com group when I moved out here in 2014, just coincidentally he was also a member of the forum. He'll be living with his girlfriend separately but we meetup often.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would be down for this if I wasn't already set to move to Scottsdale this fall.

That's in the fall. You've still got May-August.

Colorado is a popular place! I'm thinking of spending a month or two in Denver this summer.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
That's in the fall. You've still got May-August.

Colorado is a popular place! I'm thinking of spending a month or two in Denver this summer.

I'm not a fastlaner yet, unfortunately.

Certain life circumstances will keep me here for a few more months.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
My job just laid 75% of people off on Tuesday, and while they gave me the option to stay, I'm using this opportunity to fully launch into my own pursuits so that my back is against the wall. I have some money saved up and I would seriously be down. Don't think I met you at the Summit but I did chill wtih @Mark396 a bit and he told me all about his experience with Project Scottsdale. Being only 3-4 months long that's like the perfect chance. I would just want to know more details and figure out the llogistics of it. Definitely want to get out of my own comfortable environment and onto my own. Perhaps PM?

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
My job just laid 75% of people off on Tuesday, and while they gave me the option to stay, I'm using this opportunity to fully launch into my own pursuits so that my back is against the wall. I have some money saved up and I would seriously be down. Don't think I met you at the Summit but I did chill wtih @Mark396 a bit and he told me all about his experience with Project Scottsdale. Being only 3-4 months long that's like the perfect chance. I would just want to know more details and figure out the llogistics of it. Definitely want to get out of my own comfortable environment and onto my own. Perhaps PM?

It's not really a bunch of us getting an apartment together or anything.

It's more or less just us recruiting more entrepreneurs and fastlaners to Boulder because A.) Boulder is F*cking awesome and B.) It's always awesome to network and be close to other fastlaners with similar business goals.

Boulder is like a beachfront town....only instead of the beach, you have the Rocky Mountains. Literally right there.

If you're looking to make the move, either get on craigslist and find a sublet (there's tons of them right now because of the summer coming up and it being a big university town) or bring a tent.

Either way, it's worth it.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Same thing that @Valor said - Only reason it looks like I'll most likely be living in the same apartment as him is because he was here a month ago and we met in person multiple times. It'll be more of doing this if you feel its right for you - it's easy to get a sublet for the summer on craigslist (college is just ending in a week or so) and most leases end in august.

100% PM either of us with questions about your move - its not some official thing but we are here to share our insights with you if this is your first time taking the leap. I've done this about 5 times in the last 4 years and learned a thing or 2. I'll be doing a lot of hiking, mountain biking, meetup groups (learning to pitch investors is my favorite one, but I go to some others), and then of course the social life aspect of it.

I wasn't at summit this year, but I told mark about project Scottsdale when I did it a year before him - looks like he is doing his job and passing on the torch to the next generation of summit attendees! :D

Shoot me a PM with any questions you might have. Try to get an apartment near pearl street!

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
I plan on visiting some people in Colorado when I make the move to Arizona. If you guys are still out there in October, I'm definitely down to come by and visit for a week or 2.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I plan on visiting some people in Colorado when I make the move to Arizona. If you guys are still out there in October, I'm definitely down to come by and visit for a week or 2.
I'll let you know if I stay.

As of now, the sublet I'll be in ends August 5th and then I'm thinking Europe and Southeast asia for the rest of the year...but things might change so hit me up whenever!

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
This is my dream! I would love to move out to Boulder one day. :)

Just noticed that you live in Austin, TX. I've been to most places in the country (though I've never been to Colorado) and Austin, in my opinion, is a close second to Scottsdale in terms of awesome places to live in the US.

I was very impressed with that city when I passed through and it was on my short list of places to move.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Probably money, I don't think I could afford an apartment, so I'd probably need to get a job on arrival. Ha!
I'm not familiar with what your goals or anything are.

When I first moved to Scottsdale, AZ from rural north carolina, I had $250 to my name and had no clue what I was doing....and when I got there, I worked a customer service job for a while (hated it) while building my dream.

A job can be used to get you on your feet while you build a business if that works for you. It is how I went

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
What's standing in your way?

Kai from Germany here. Since I'm a german guy, I'm able to stay 90 days only. That's pretty much, I would guess.
What does a small appartement cost for one month? I would definitely have to have a side job. Possible, or will I get arrested? Anyone knows?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to join!

See you

Benjiben

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 21, 2014
Springfield, MO
Kai from Germany here. Since I'm a german guy, I'm able to stay 90 days only. That's pretty much, I would guess.
What does a small appartement cost for one month? I would definitely have to have a side job. Possible, or will I get arrested? Anyone knows?

See you
Hey Kai,
For a month, you're looking at $600-1200 on air bnb and craigslist.

And for a job, if you're coming in with a travellers visa it's illegal for you to have a job. Unless it's something on upwork or fiverr.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012

See you

You could always work as a day laborer. I've seen people stand out in front of home depot asking for work and many people hiring them. It's not glamorous but its cash at the end of the day.

Benjiben

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 21, 2014
Springfield, MO
You could always work as a day laborer. I've seen people stand out in front of home depot asking for work and many people hiring them. It's not glamorous but its cash at the end of the day.
You could do that, and try not to get caught because that means you'll be blacklisted. A better way would be to start now and get whatever work you can or sell your belongings to get your rent money.

If you haven't yet, check out sinister lex's thread on writing copy or grumpycat's hustling thread.

Ben

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Premixedd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 13, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
Funny, I just moved from Scottsdale AZ, to Fort Collins CO, and now back to Gilbert AZ. Colorado is beautiful, although the drivers there are absolute garbage. Spent a few days in Boulder, which resembles Fort Collins a lot with the whole "college town" vibe. I highly recommend "The Sink" bar and grill if you ever go out to eat downtown. If anyone has any questions about CO, feel free to ask as I spent an entire year and a half traveling from city to city for work (including vail, breckenridge, montrose, CO springs, etc.)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Funny, I just moved from Scottsdale AZ, to Fort Collins CO, and now back to Gilbert AZ. Colorado is beautiful, although the drivers there are absolute garbage. Spent a few days in Boulder, which resembles Fort Collins a lot with the whole "college town" vibe. I highly recommend "The Sink" bar and grill if you ever go out to eat downtown. If anyone has any questions about CO, feel free to ask as I spent an entire year and a half traveling from city to city for work (including vail, breckenridge, montrose, CO springs, etc.)
That is added to the lonnggg list of places I want to try out on Pearl Street!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Day 1 or 98 - Gaining Clarity, Focus, and Direction

Day 1 began by waking up at 6 a.m. looking at the sun gleam off of Mount Sanitas, and going for a 6 mile walk/jog up Boulder Canyon Creek. An old version of myself would have rolled over in the bed until 8 or 9, but I have a crush on a girl here who is very busy and the only time to really see her during the week is during our 6:30 a.m. workouts and hikes together, so shes my motivation to get in shape.

upload_2016-4-28_20-25-0.png

After shopping at the local health foods store, I sat at my computer and realized I had no direction and specific goals for the three months here like I did back in the Project Scottsdale days.

I did make $203 in sales while jogging this morning. A past version of myself would have celebrated that success. I would have said "That's not a bad day - I'll take the day off and hike through the mountains, but that type of thinking won't help me grow to the next level.

But what is the next level?

Where do I want to be in business and life when Project Boulder ends on August 5th?

I spent day 1 planning - if I don't know my destination, I'll never know what road to take to get there.

Project Boulder is more than just about business.

I am leading a personal development company that is helping people break free and achieve their goals, so this is not only about business and myself anymore: It is about leading by example.

It's about pushing all those remaining fears, unproductive actions, and limitations behind, and becoming the best version of myself.

On August 5th, 2016:
  • My best-selling book will already be published, and I'll already have moved 10,000 copies.
  • I sold off all of my apps that I don't plan on using in the future (holding on to a few of them for future goals.
  • Limitless Academy will be re-vamped to a $1 first week offer personal development course teaching most of the things I do during my client sessions, followed by monthly subscription of more advanced and in depth topics on personal development, life-hacks, influence, and what it takes to be successful in life.
  • I'll have finished up the client work that I've been working on.
  • Limitless Success Magazine will have grown by 10,000 readers or more.
  • I'll have a full-blown NLP Practitioner training (and possible certification) course to train future employees to do the 1-on-1 sessions as I move on to grow my company. I already have one person I'm training who can be in charge of that.
  • Update my Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship course into a workbook/dvd course.
  • The Dog Magazine/brand will be grown by the person I'm training to take over the company, as I continue to mentor him.
  • I will have done one book-talk at the local bookstore for my book and one presentation that a friend is helping me with.
  • My non-profit will be up and running.
From a business strategy perspective. I have my book, Limitless Success Magazine, blog, and youtube pointing to an email list where I offer affordable, high quality personal development and practical skills training through a low cost monthly subscription.

From there I offer higher end courses with more specialization.

Then, over time, the best of the best rise to the top and I can invest in those who are highly motivated, trained, and have the same goals as mine to create the change in this world I'd like to see.

Planning it all out so I know the work I'm doing will lead to my ultimate goal of training the most highly skilled innovators and influences on the planet and investing in them to solve world issues.

upload_2016-4-28_20-32-16.png

Relationships:

For the past two years, I've been traveling around the country, being free, doing my own thing...but now I'm ready for a relationship. I met a girl while hiking and we vibe really well, but I'm not sure if its as friends or as more...we'll see.

In the meantime, to build my social skills, I'm making it a goal to go out (walking distance from all the social areas of boulder and the university) and get more comfortable and confident outside of online dating.

Tonight I went to the local bookstore - approached a girl there, read her the intro to my book, got her feedback and then asked for her number...I don't feel the vibe is there but I'm building a habit of approaching people instead of coming up with an excuse and not...

Health/Fitness
I live near an amazing hiking/jogging/biking trail and will be doing that every morning.

Living Life
Time to experience everything Colorado has to offer.

In summary - Using the fresh scenery as a way to set the tone right from the beginning. Getting ready for the most focused and productive 98 days of my life....

The ultimate destination at the 90 days - Have my business and books positively impacting tens of thousands of people on a monthly basis, as a well-oiled machine all setting me up for fulfilling my life purpose of transitioning anyone from where they are to where they want to be - and working with the best to make a positive impact on the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.