The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Need a business idea? -dumps this in your lap-

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Last edited:

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Various
If you really want to solve problems solve one of these.
Sure. Just gather together a team of esteemed medical research names, $1B in private capital, and make sure half of your team members play golf with FDA executives every weekend.

Using Google Trends Top List to see what people are searching for:
Always a good piece of advice. Good way to reduce "timing is everything" risk.

Seriously, I comb through First World Problems lists wo see what people are complaining about.
People forget this: yes building water pipes in impoverished villages is noble. But that kind of nobility is for the rich. The first worlders may be spoiled little snowflakes, but they have capacity to pay.

Ayanle Farah

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Sure. Just gather together a team of esteemed medical research names, $1B in private capital, and make sure half of your team members play golf with FDA executives every weekend.
It sucks there is no incentive to solve problems unless there is profit in it. A long term cure that addresses the root cause is better than an expensive miracle drug you need to return for all the time.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Various
It sucks there is no incentive to solve problems unless there is profit in it. A long term cure that addresses the root cause is better than an expensive miracle drug you need to return for all the time.
Well for heart disease & diabetes people do have a long term cure: stop eating KFC everyday. Pretty much everything on that list can be mitigated by lifestyle decisions.

The profit motive works fine. Profit just means "outputs are worth more than inputs". The problems are usually deeper:
  • People think healthcare is an entitlement
  • After banking, healthcare is the most interfered with market by governments (by contrast: IT is the least).
  • The existence of the FDA. The cost to bring a drug to market is now $2.7B. Which is completely insane.
  • The job-coupled insurance-based model, which encourages waste and ever increasing prices.
  • Western ethics. This has recently been addressed by congress passing the new "right to try" laws. There is no good reason for the $3B new drug price tag other than bad morals. For deadly diseases, there should be no limit on experimentation beyond patient consent.
  • Malpractice lunacy. Everybody's happy to transfer open-ended responsibility for saving them to the doctor at the price he states, but if they don't get the outcome they want, they expect to treat the difference between "full health" and their result as a tort, to which they're entitled to millions in compensation.
Fixing this space would take:
  • A constitutional amendment clarifying that the government has no power to be interfere with the healthcare market
  • Repeal of any mandatory or employment-linked insurance statutes
  • Totally deleting the FDA or any similar organisation. Common law was sufficient.
  • Wipe out any laws that limit citizens rights to unilaterally decide which substances they will consume
  • Tort reform. All records of the doctor's prior performance and training must be provided to the patient. The doctor's liability then ends, completely and finally, at the patient's signature.
None of which is going to happen. Classic governmental case of "the important of other people thriving ends where my power begins".

Therefore, staying within the topic of 1st world problems: a business play that uses 3rd world solutions. If western governments are the problem, that's OK: there are 200+ sovereign states in the world. I'm sure one of them is capable of providing a better cradle for healthcare innovation.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Road injury? What is happening to the poor roads? How can we keep the roads from being injured? Reminds me of the blind driveways. I've always wanted to help the blind driveways. :blush:
put high ways in rehab, not jail!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hello I joined Fox web school last month sept 26 2020 and in just exactly 1 month i got my first...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom