The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Navy Intelligence Analyst and Business Marketer

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
Greetings! New to the whole forum thing but I love the books and the idea of a great community that works together and networks so here I am.

A bit about me,

23 now, I was raised in your typical American household with the 'middle class mindset' basically got decent grades and an Associates at community college before joining the Navy reserves at 19.

For those who don't know reserves is actually not a bad gig, If you get a good rate/job/mos (like Intel) you can pretty much go anywhere in the world you want for the military and get paid well for basic government work. Access to base and such and not to mention they give you a pretty high security clearance which can get you alot of high paying jobs on the civilian side too. Only real downside is you are part of the script and could go to war at anytime but for me I have always had a strong sense of duty, regardless of the problems with our country and our government I still think patriotism is important.

Anyways, I was able to go back to school (I cringe at the thought now) and it wasn't until the spring of my junior year I met a good friend in the military who was part of an MLM scheme. Medium story short, that whole thing rubbed me the wrong way and just didn't sit well with my gut, BUT he did recommend your typical self help books that I honestly never read; I hadn't read a single book outside of school for years.

This alone changed my entire life, to the point where I almost dropped out of school and pursued the (I didn't know at the time, but UNSCRIPTED life).

Shortly after, came across Bold and Determined last fall and was able to build a successful drop shipping business that made me over 20K in 3.5 months (5k profit). Story for another time...

During this time B&D highly recommended TMF and this book slammed home with me.

Ironically at the time I could see the issues with my business and how it violated Control, yet didn't do anything about it and later that same month the business imploded because the guy who made the products I sold was also a legit crazy dude who tried to steal 10k worth of orders and get my website shutdown.

Luckily, he was also an idiot and I was able to call my bank and his, Paypal and get all my money back (took months, and a shit ton of time and energy), lost all my profit as I had to issue tons of refunds. Bottom line - sometimes you can hear all the advice in the world from MJ, but it takes actually touching the stove and getting burned to learn.

During this time I finished my Bachelor's in marketing andddddd, basically wasted both my time and money.

School is a goddamn waste of time. But if you're reading this you probably already know this, i'm still a bit bitter about the whole thing, but you live and you learn. My mother would throw a fit when I threatened to drop out and, when every single person around you is a seeder in the script, its easy to go along.

Anyways, present day I finished school in August and am about to get orders to Hawaii the Navy for the rest of this year. At the moment my business activity has been honestly shit, being broke as shit from school and rebounding from my last business failure has been slow, but I'm working on it. Biggest problem is FOCUS on one thing. Doing a bit of affiliate marketing, and decently experienced with Google ads.

Networking- If there's anyone on Oahu, hmu! Also do a bit of modeling on the side and hence travel a good amount to Vegas, if anyone is there too, I might be there later this week, hmu!

Typically home is by Seattle, hmu if you live in WA, also have been looking for connections around the country as I would be very down to get a house going anywhere in the near future. Spoke about it with @Johnny boy and shit would be tight.

Any questions or comments let me know! Love to discuss business, working out, girls, fishing, etc..

- Spencer

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Thanks for the intro.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Greetings! New to the whole forum thing but I love the books and the idea of a great community that works together and networks so here I am.

A bit about me,

23 now, I was raised in your typical American household with the 'middle class mindset' basically got decent grades and an Associates at community college before joining the Navy reserves at 19.

For those who don't know reserves is actually not a bad gig, If you get a good rate/job/mos (like Intel) you can pretty much go anywhere in the world you want for the military and get paid well for basic government work. Access to base and such and not to mention they give you a pretty high security clearance which can get you alot of high paying jobs on the civilian side too. Only real downside is you are part of the script and could go to war at anytime but for me I have always had a strong sense of duty, regardless of the problems with our country and our government I still think patriotism is important.

Anyways, I was able to go back to school (I cringe at the thought now) and it wasn't until the spring of my junior year I met a good friend in the military who was part of an MLM scheme. Medium story short, that whole thing rubbed me the wrong way and just didn't sit well with my gut, BUT he did recommend your typical self help books that I honestly never read; I hadn't read a single book outside of school for years.

This alone changed my entire life, to the point where I almost dropped out of school and pursued the (I didn't know at the time, but UNSCRIPTED life).

Shortly after, came across Bold and Determined last fall and was able to build a successful drop shipping business that made me over 20K in 3.5 months (5k profit). Story for another time...

Ironically at the time I could see the issues with my business and how it violated Control, yet didn't do anything about it and later that same month the business imploded because the guy who made the products I sold was also a legit crazy dude who tried to steal 10k worth of orders and get my website shutdown.

Luckily, he was also an idiot and I was able to call my bank and his, Paypal and get all my money back (took months, and a shit ton of time and energy), lost all my profit as I had to issue tons of refunds. Bottom line - sometimes you can hear all the advice in the world from MJ, but it takes actually touching the stove and getting burned to learn.

During this time I finished my Bachelor's in marketing andddddd, basically wasted both my time and money.

School is a goddamn waste of time. But if you're reading this you probably already know this, i'm still a bit bitter about the whole thing, but you live and you learn. My mother would throw a fit when I threatened to drop out and, when every single person around you is a seeder in the script, its easy to go along.

Anyways, present day I finished school in August and am about to get orders to Hawaii the Navy for the rest of this year. At the moment my business activity has been honestly shit, being broke as shit from school and rebounding from my last business failure has been slow, but I'm working on it. Biggest problem is FOCUS on one thing. Doing a bit of affiliate marketing, and decently experienced with Google ads.

Networking- If there's anyone on Oahu, hmu! Also do a bit of modeling on the side and hence travel a good amount to Vegas, if anyone is there too, I might be there later this week, hmu!

Typically home is by Seattle, hmu if you live in WA, also have been looking for connections around the country as I would be very down to get a house going anywhere in the near future. Spoke about it with @Johnny boy and shit would be tight.

Any questions or comments let me know! Love to discuss business, working out, girls, fishing, etc..

- Spencer
Is it possible to juggle your navy job and work on a side hustle?

Great respect for military dudes. I was in the army (Singapore) for two years when I was 20-22. I was a military police raiding rooms and looking for contraband items.

Stay safe in your job and all the best!

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service!
Maybe your marketing degree can help you establish a business. You're burned out now, but there are probably things you will get from it that you aren't even aware of yet. I'm glad you like to fish since you are going to Hawaii. I like to fish, too.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona

A bit about me,

- Spencer
Welcome Spencer. Good to see you here! Im Juan from Mesa, Arizona. If you ever come to The Valley hmu. Its always awesome to meet young like minded people like me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Spencer, great to have ya!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Welcome to the forum!

- Spencer

I started a 3-4 day per week bodybuilding routine. On the off days I'll do things like run, use the stairmaster with a weighted vest, do sprints on the row machine. Have recommendations for off days that won't kill your main gains? Or do you have recommendations on forearm routines?

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas

A bit about me,

- Spencer
Welcome to the forum! Let me know when you come to Vegas. Cheers!

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii

A bit about me,

- Spencer

Welcome, I'm from Honolulu, HI. Welcome to the islands, if you wanna get a beer sometime hmu.

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
Yeah currently doing only 1 weekend a month but about to be full time only for 2 months though. Side hustling is definitely something im working on.

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
Welcome Spencer. Good to see you here! Im Juan from Mesa, Arizona. If you ever come to The Valley hmu. Its always awesome to meet young like minded people like me.
My uncle lives in Tucson I might be rolling through sometime in the near future ill hyu!

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
For sure! Been doing some lead gen stuff, that is definitely a solid road to travel down. Did a couple summers in AK commercial fishing too haha i'v fished alot down here by Seattle too

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
I started a 3-4 day per week bodybuilding routine. On the off days I'll do things like run, use the stairmaster with a weighted vest, do sprints on the row machine. Have recommendations for off days that won't kill your main gains? Or do you have recommendations on forearm routines?
[/QUOTE]
Hey man! Stairmaster is definitely solid, burns good calories. Sounds like you do quite a bit of cardio, are you mostly looking to burn fat?
I've found that its very hard to not kill gains with doing excessive calorie burning but the good news is when you get shredded as F*%#k you look bigger anyways. In this pic last week I wasn't the biggest i've been but being more cut makes you look bigger.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...