The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Name some $500k Professions?

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Question: Name as many $500k professions as you can. (Professions that can, and on average earn around $500k per year).

I'll give speed for the best answers!

Cheers,

- Hakrjak :fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane::fastlane:

p.s. -- I wish this was a discussion I had with my high school guidance counselor 15 years ago...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Financial Consultants for Hedge Fund companies

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
President of the United States
Senators (if $500k doesn't need to be documented cash wise.)
High Profile Attorneys
Lead general counsel for a corporation (Fortune 500 caliber)

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
Developers
construction company owner
commercial real estate broker
lawyer
accountant
doctors
architects
franchise owner not franchisee

those are some, but mostly the founders of the company will get that kind of money. Senior employees will get low 6 figures per year.

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH
keep in mind that most of these are not average income, but potential income.

Slightly risque.... excuse me ladies. Don't mean to offend anyone.​

Potential vs Reality

A kid asks his father for help on a writing assignment. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up thoughtfully and says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but asks his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

"Don't tell your father, but, yes, I would."

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

She replies, "Omigod! Definitely!"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on $2 million bucks, but in reality, we're living with two sluts."

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Question: Name as many $500k professions as you can. (Professions that can, and on average earn around $500k per year).

I'd say these are average income:

Doctors - surgeons
Lawyers - top level, partners
Investment Bankers
Traders
Pro Athlete

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Slightly risque.... excuse me ladies. Don't mean to offend anyone.​

Potential vs Reality

A kid asks his father for help on a writing assignment. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up thoughtfully and says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but asks his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

"Don't tell your father, but, yes, I would."

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

She replies, "Omigod! Definitely!"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on $2 million bucks, but in reality, we're living with two sluts."

Love it! Gonna copy to JOKES ...

As for the OP, agents of athletes. Realtors to the rich. Of course, technically those are semi-entrepreneurial positions. A pure job would have to be a top-brass corporate executive, attorney, or doctor -- most of which require heavy hours.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
This is good stuff.... Even though the question was to identify positions with an average salary of $500k, I do like seeing the professions that have good potential to make that much.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Hmm...well, a couple of thoughts here:

1.Why $500k a year? What is it about that number that you think will make a difference in your life? I mean, sure $500k a year would be great, but could your wants and needs be met at $200k? Hell, perhaps $500k still won't do it, as your wants and needs really call for $600k a year. You won't know until you really sit down and think about how much money these things call for. Having an arbitrary number in your head serves no useful purpose, IMO.

2. The average salary in any given field, is given to average employees, because...generally...well, they are average. If you want to make $500k a year, you and your skills will need to be above average. I know cookie makers, accountants, doctors, architects, builders and sales people who make over $500k a year. Any profession has the ability to make $500k a year; perhaps the question isn't what profession can I make $500k a year in, the question is what skills do I need to develop to make $500k a year? ...And then how can I take that skill set and scale it?

Keep us posted!

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Dentists do pretty well.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I'm waiting for someone to smuggle weapons with me.

All you need to do is find someone in Russia or China that has 1 million Ak47's to sell. Than you need to find a warlord in Africa who will buy them. Say you get the Ak's for $10 a pop, and sell them for $50.

Your going to need to forge end user certificates, and all that. How good are you with paperwork?:coffee:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Wasn't that a movie with Nicolas Cage? What was the name of it again?

KnightVision

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Sep 4, 2009
IMO you can average a salary over $500k in almost any profession, but each one will be fragmented to the very top of their class.

For example, a dentist doesn't average anywhere close to 500k, but the top dentists in your city probably do. I don't know how realistic it would be for many professions to actually AVERAGE $500k, that you could look up in a book and find. Of course, with the exception of professional athletes and movie/music stars..

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
My big question here is why do any of you care about the average pay? isn't this site about being outside of the average statistic? does anyone on this site actually aspire to be average? I have a friend who owns a landscaping business that makes over $500k/yr (net income, not revenue). He is certainly above average and if he was concerned about what the average pay was for that type of business he would never have chose it. But he is well above average. find your passion and maximize it. certainly you need the right vehicle to attain the income, but there are ways to make huge income from mediocre professions. one of my father's friends started with a single dump truck and no education (dropped out of school in 6th grade). he now runs a rather large hauling company with around 80 dump trucks running every day. he makes well into the 7 figures, but lives like he still owns one dump truck.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
My big question here is why do any of you care about the average pay?

I think the point of this thread was to prove that there are very few jobs that pay an average of 500K or above. On the contrary an entrepreneur can earn a $1,000,000 plus a year. All of us here are and strive to be more than average, we strive here to be different than the 95% American workforce.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Yep Lord of War, which is based on a real person.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
One of my favorite movies. The character Yuri was a great business man. "When there's a will there's a weapon." :smash: Great soundtrack also.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
Basically, there are maybe 2 hand fulls of employees that can make $500k/year.

Alot of these jobs aren't $500k jobs unless you are the business owner/partner/co-founder/etc... That probably is the greatest lesson i have take away from this thread.

Now this brings up the question of the ones who do make over that amount per year are usually on MTV cribs. After i made my post on here i started to think about this question alot more. Most of these people who make this kind of money might think they are B's (cashflow qudrant) but they are actually highly paid E's for a extremely rich B or I.

For Example:
E: 1. An Athlete who might get a fat contract. He will get paid a certain amount of money per year, with maybe 30% of it being guaranteed cash.

2. He might also get a good advertising contract IF he is a great player.

B/I: 1. Team owners who provides the salary for the player. Who will in turns make millions more ROI with the super star being on the team.

2. The Endorser Will sell 50x-100x more of "product x" with the athletes endorement. (think nike with micheal jordan).

the same concept applies to movie stars, musicians, Execs, VP's, producers, directors, doctors, lawyers, Broker, advisor, etc.

Instead of focusing on WHO makes $500k/year,The question i ask myself is "Who has the ability to pay someone $500k/year." And how can i replicate that persons success in my own way that will help me effect millions of people in a positive way?

To quote MJ: " Good money: $20,000/month, Great money $200,000/month "

Before this forum, i never ever thought about money like this. After finding this forum, im starting to change my thought process when it comes to business and money.

Thanks for the great Info.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
How about Organized crime. Did the job have to be legel?

Editorial directors/editors

Airline Pilots

Orthodontists

Anesthesiologists

Sales

A really hot stripper?

:rofl: Prostitutes!!! Air Force Amy made 150k in the month of July 2005! The house gets 1/2 and she pays for room .. and her own.. well you know.. :smxB: protection! That puts her over 500k a year for sure!

Also:
Techies!
R&D management positions
Electrical Engineers (higher level ones)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.