The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Wife is a total sidewalker, any advice?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
divorce her if she doesnt change within 6 months and get back on focusing on the FL; you dont need that negativity in your life. women will come and go; these days it is increasingly difficult to find a woman that is on par with such discipline and mindfulness as is required of becoming a Fastlaner (what i mean is that it is a special small niche of the populous with this mentality and mindset)

maybe someday when FLF is big enough to be a household name like "napoleon hill" there will be a fastlaners dating line hehe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
definetly NO because 10 years ago I didnt know her very well, sometimes I think I am guilty of my wife thougths, because I always been working and always gave here whatever she wants

Right here, you have given her everything she wants all this time.

Take this all with a grain of salt as one of the main suggestions of the forum is to MAKE DECISIONS for yourself and take all the different viewpoints as advice or pointers.

You know where you are at right now and your family situation.

You need to either commit fully to making this relationship work or you need to make the decision to leave the relationship and pursue a different path. You will have to make the choice.

All the best to you man, have a conversation with your wife, a real conversation and put it on the line.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Did you try MJ's matrix of decisions (from TMFL) to see positive and negative sides?

If my husband posted a list of all my negative properties, everybody would scream: divorce that weird scary woman!

MiguelHammond10

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 12, 2017
Seattle
Well, I think my wife is in the sidewalk and here are the main reasons.

1) she neither work nor study since I meet her and I married here 10 years ago (despite I always encourage her to study anything or to read anything productive, she only read celebrities gossips magazines and similar stuff)

2) she thinks she deserve all my money because she is my wife and the mother of my daughters (yes I know I need to put food on the table for my kids, but in nowadays isnt supposed that both parents must work for their kids)

3) she consumes everything instead of producing ( she buy food in the breakfast, lunch, dinner, she goes to the cinema every weekend)

4) she needs constantly instant gratification (she always is looking for offers in cloths, in food, toys, etc)

5) she didnt save a penny, she waste all my money (in my bussines if I earn 100 USD a day, she wants to spend that 100 USD in a single day)

6) she didnt have any long term plan (despite of "what movie she can watch this weekend or what party she must go)

7) she consumes me (everyday I feel like I am trapped in jail and I cant escape, if I walk two steps ahead, she always bring me 1 steps behind, If I earn 2 USD, she waste 1 USD, etc.

8) she is always online on the fb account ( she cand spends 3 hours or more a day browsing the groups and facebook pages or playing candy crush, bubble witch, etc)

I am kind of desperate, because she is always complaining about we dont have anything (we live in my parents house despite I bought a house since my first daughter born 9 years ago, she always says that its too small, she always says that we dont have a good car, etc.

Well I didnt not know who is the sidewalker if my wife or me.

I have a couple of bussiness and I am always pretending to create more business, like an entrepeneur, I am always reading something or learning something new that I can use later in the business, I have long term plans, I have a college degree, I didnt watch TV, etc, etc.

I cant divorce her because my daughters in deed sometimes I think that the only reason that we are together its for my kids.

How I can teach her? How I can change her mentallity?

This is very serious issue out there, I will blame you the Man for everything, some Men are too slow to their wives even when they going wrong,as a Man you are the Breadwinner of the family, you need to make decisions not your wife,sit her down talk to her let her understand what marriage is all about and her duty in that marriage if she disagree then fix things yourself in your way if she can't stay then is her choice because such lady if you go broke she will leave you. A word to a wise is enough.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Aug 2, 2013

Judicious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
chipmx,

My advice to you is to not try to work this out on your own. You can't just walk away from your marriage over material things like this. If she was having an affair and that was a total dealbreaker for you, then I get it, divorce is imminent. But this is not that. Also, you have two daughters to work this out for. Dude, search out a good therapist/relationship counselor and get a consultation scheduled ASAP. You need the help of a professional. What we're not hearing about here is things that you might be doing that are driving her crazy too. Find someone that can give the two of you a framework to work out your differences. Good luck.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Well, I think my wife is in the sidewalk and here are the main reasons.

1) she neither work nor study since I meet her and I married here 10 years ago (despite I always encourage her to study anything or to read anything productive, she only read celebrities gossips magazines and similar stuff)

2) she thinks she deserve all my money because she is my wife and the mother of my daughters (yes I know I need to put food on the table for my kids, but in nowadays isnt supposed that both parents must work for their kids)

3) she consumes everything instead of producing ( she buy food in the breakfast, lunch, dinner, she goes to the cinema every weekend)

4) she needs constantly instant gratification (she always is looking for offers in cloths, in food, toys, etc)

5) she didnt save a penny, she waste all my money (in my bussines if I earn 100 USD a day, she wants to spend that 100 USD in a single day)

6) she didnt have any long term plan (despite of "what movie she can watch this weekend or what party she must go)

7) she consumes me (everyday I feel like I am trapped in jail and I cant escape, if I walk two steps ahead, she always bring me 1 steps behind, If I earn 2 USD, she waste 1 USD, etc.

8) she is always online on the fb account ( she cand spends 3 hours or more a day browsing the groups and facebook pages or playing candy crush, bubble witch, etc)

I am kind of desperate, because she is always complaining about we dont have anything (we live in my parents house despite I bought a house since my first daughter born 9 years ago, she always says that its too small, she always says that we dont have a good car, etc.

Well I didnt not know who is the sidewalker if my wife or me.

I have a couple of bussiness and I am always pretending to create more business, like an entrepeneur, I am always reading something or learning something new that I can use later in the business, I have long term plans, I have a college degree, I didnt watch TV, etc, etc.

I cant divorce her because my daughters in deed sometimes I think that the only reason that we are together its for my kids.

How I can teach her? How I can change her mentallity?
A potential gold digger to be aware of.

First, try talking to her using constructive criticism.
Fastlaners should be able to handle criticism at the very least.

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
I am working very hard

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
Well I understood that I cant change the people, I am working very hard in my both business (none of then is Fastlane) finally I decide enough si enough and I will work in a new bussiness, I move my Family and my wife to another city 6 months ago and I have les and less time because I travel almost every week.

I am so sorry for the delay , I will be here almost everywhere trying to learn more and working smarter

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.