The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Story

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

kubajonkowski

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 7, 2020
Poland
Hello,

I'm starting this topic to share my story with you and to put my thoughts in order.
Some of the issues I'm going to write about may seem a bit negative; however, my point is NOT to wallow in self-pity, but rather to reflect on them and hopefully hear and learn from you. Your feedback is more than welcome :)

So... let me begin with my background. I come from Poland which is a little country in Europe. I've dreamed about becoming an entrepreneur since I was child. I do believe that there's something empowering, creative and meaningful about running a business. That’s why I’ve been always looking up to entrepreneurs. I had no idea how to become one and… I ended up in a SCRIPT. High school, uni, BA, MA, post-graduate courses and countless trainings – you know what I mean. Of course, now I find the idea of all this education securing a “safe future” a total bullshit. Don’t get me wrong – I love studying and life-long learning is my passion, however, mainstream education fails in so many ways. Well, while still at uni I already started giving extra English classes to students. Upon graduation I transformed it into a full-fledged freelance “business” (sic!). Most of you are probably perfectly aware of the fact that this is the worst kind of activity you can image when you need to serve your customers for a lousy fare and of course run a company. Obviously, it was only meant to be a starting point. I had some cool ideas for a start-up that would render learning foreign languages fun, easy and hands-on. I even found a group of wonderful developers who wanted to make this idea come true but… we came across some investors whose enthusiasm and encouragement proved to be a trap. Despite having invested a lot of time we got fobbed off at the end of the day :rofl:

Well, that was sad but I didn’t give up. I decided to find a job, take it easy for a while and come back with a better idea. (By the way, the “safe future” offered by the SCRIPT in my case has proved to be is a shitty full-time job in HR for a whopping $700 a month. Yup, $700 which now is actually more like $550 due to the Corona-Wind-Up cost savings).

Nowadays, I’m learning Front-End, Web Development and UX skills to get a better job and, at the same time, work on new business ideas. I’m thinking about moving out to Canada or other civilised country as I’ve got a strong feeling that Poland is a hostile place that keeps poisoning me and killing my dreams.

To be continued… ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.