What's new

My Story

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

kubajonkowski

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
7
Location
Poland
Rep Bank
$100
User Power: 71%
Hello,

I'm starting this topic to share my story with you and to put my thoughts in order.
Some of the issues I'm going to write about may seem a bit negative; however, my point is NOT to wallow in self-pity, but rather to reflect on them and hopefully hear and learn from you. Your feedback is more than welcome :)

So... let me begin with my background. I come from Poland which is a little country in Europe. I've dreamed about becoming an entrepreneur since I was child. I do believe that there's something empowering, creative and meaningful about running a business. That’s why I’ve been always looking up to entrepreneurs. I had no idea how to become one and… I ended up in a SCRIPT. High school, uni, BA, MA, post-graduate courses and countless trainings – you know what I mean. Of course, now I find the idea of all this education securing a “safe future” a total bullshit. Don’t get me wrong – I love studying and life-long learning is my passion, however, mainstream education fails in so many ways. Well, while still at uni I already started giving extra English classes to students. Upon graduation I transformed it into a full-fledged freelance “business” (sic!). Most of you are probably perfectly aware of the fact that this is the worst kind of activity you can image when you need to serve your customers for a lousy fare and of course run a company. Obviously, it was only meant to be a starting point. I had some cool ideas for a start-up that would render learning foreign languages fun, easy and hands-on. I even found a group of wonderful developers who wanted to make this idea come true but… we came across some investors whose enthusiasm and encouragement proved to be a trap. Despite having invested a lot of time we got fobbed off at the end of the day :rofl:

Well, that was sad but I didn’t give up. I decided to find a job, take it easy for a while and come back with a better idea. (By the way, the “safe future” offered by the SCRIPT in my case has proved to be is a shitty full-time job in HR for a whopping $700 a month. Yup, $700 which now is actually more like $550 due to the Corona-Wind-Up cost savings).

Nowadays, I’m learning Front-End, Web Development and UX skills to get a better job and, at the same time, work on new business ideas. I’m thinking about moving out to Canada or other civilised country as I’ve got a strong feeling that Poland is a hostile place that keeps poisoning me and killing my dreams.

To be continued… ;)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom