The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Story Of Success, Escaping Rat Race (admist cushy job)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
A busy fastlane is a good fastlane. Excited for the update!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Papillon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Sep 10, 2013
Île Saint-Joseph French Guiana ~ UK!
I don't post much, however I always pop over to this GREAT forum when I've hit a road block, sometimes these road blocks feel like I've been put back in soldiery confinement and need to figure a way to ESCAPE!

Anyway, your thread caught my eye, kudos to YOU Mark for starting it:)

Booked marked for remaining episode(s):smoking:

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Sorry if I missed it but... did I read something wrong?

You started a business and it wasn't selling so you stopped the business?

Where was the success part where you're not working at your job anymore and potentially making a million in a few years?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser159

Anybody else got some similar stories? I would be great to have others share their own experiences in business.

Johnny_Hopkins

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 10, 2015
Michigan
I also educated myself by watching a lot Youtube videos at work all day long(don't do this a lot, it's procrastinating, I did it only at my day job because I couldn't do anything else business related). Anyway, it was a huge benefit of having a job where I sit in front of the computer all day. My job was paying me to work, but it was also paying me to free myself from them. Ironically.

This quote is awesome because it is exactly what I do for 50% of my work day...along with reading articles and forums, brainstorming ideas, etc. It's good to at least be able to say I'm doing SOMETHING for myself while at work everyday. Motivates me to keep up the fire once I beat the traffic getting home! :vomit: :puke:

gotooky

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 4, 2015
Just ran into your article. Great write up and drive you have in wanting to start a business. We to at GoTooky been faced with hardship and huddles to climb. We believe as we commit and grow helping small businesses, together we can over come the big guys. INSPIRE ON...[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Update Update Update!

I can't mark GOLD until we get to the climax! I feel like I'm in the the middle of a great book and suddenly someone stole the ending from me!

business attempt, an online art business, I sold modern digital artwork on large canvases, the business was called Pixel Prints.

For example, flash sale sites like touchofmodern.com contacted me wanting to run a flash sale with us. Hearing from them was the small break I was waiting for, it can be somewhat difficult to get on these sites so I was pretty excited. Unfortunately, I couldn't work with there numbers and had to decline. If I excepted there numbers, I would lose money. No thanks... Fail!

Sounds like you might have been on the right path, but your process was flawed by using a 3rd party sourcing who truly was the Fastlaner. Had you controlled manufacturing and the entire process, you could have made it work!

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Geez can't believe Vick's got another thread on this out here.

Anyone waiting for the end of this story ... get an INSIDERS pass, and read the WHOLE story with all the hiccups, failures, pivots and ultimate success. Worth every cent just for that thread. Best thread on the forum.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Great story so far. Any update coming? Would love to know the ending!

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
Part three not out yet hope you make time for it soon @Vick. I really took a lot of inspiration from part one. You inspired me to make another entry in my journal that I'm trying to stay consistent with, I made a strong start to the year but before today the last time opened it was the 28th Feb!

I noted "wealth is the ability to fully experience life" - Herny David Thoreau, which hits the nail on the head. Thanks for the first two parts and hopefully part 3 is on the way!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Lol. Jeez. Totally forgot about this thread. Didn't know people were actually reading.

Ya. Maybe I should write the next part.

cinci1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2017
Bucharest
Lol. Jeez. Totally forgot about this thread. Didn't know people were actually reading.

Ya. Maybe I should write the next part.
I've just finished reading the thread and literally seconds later I get your post notification and couldn't believe that after so much time you posted the 3rd part. Guess not exactly what expected, but I am really glad you noticed the interest. The story is incredible (I am more touched than others because it's maybe a lot similar to mine) and I am really looking forward to the next part. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I've just finished reading the thread and literally seconds later I get your post notification and couldn't believe that after so much time you posted the 3rd part. Guess not exactly what expected, but I am really glad you noticed the interest. The story is incredible (I am more touched than others because it's maybe a lot similar to mine) and I am really looking forward to the next part. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

cool. glad people are reading. but ya, just coming across this now after years, think its time to write a bit more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.