johnnyqt25
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 8, 2011
- Messages
- 20
Rep Bank
$220
$220
User Power: 95%
Hello everyone,
I posted this thread here: I'm probably the biggest loser here. about 7 years ago in 2011. This isn't a fastlane story, just a story about choices and redemption. I haven't provided much value to anyone and thought I start here. 2011 was the worst year of my life. I dropped out of college to help my mom with her cancer treatments. She did not survive, I got laid off from my job, girlfriend cheated and left me, and kicked out of my dad's house, all within the span of a few months that year. It was hard not to feel sorry for myself and I seriously contemplated suicide, but I knew that I made some bad choices that led to my demise. Before all these bad things happened, all I did was go to school, smoke weed, and played video games daily. I also dabbled with hmtl/css/php, but didn't take it seriously.
Fast forward a few months later, I found myself all alone, with hardly any money, and nowhere to return. I was renting a room from an old couple with unemployment benefits and it was quickly running out. It was scary, but it was also one of the best things to happen to me. I could have kept smoking weed, playing video games, and feeling sorry for myself, but I had to make better choices to survive. I quit weed, video games, and spent many nights at the library, because I know the world isn't going to hand me anything. I gotta earn it or just take it. I found another job doing desktop support, went back to college and earned a few IT certifications, including the CCNA. I also finally graduated college with a Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology - which led me to a network engineer role.
It was also at this time that I met a pharmacist who would become my wife and mother of my son. We're not rich, but have a couple rental properties, live a comfortable life and I recently ditched my old '96 Acura Integra for my dream car, a Nissan GTR. I'm still in the slowlane, but I aspire to be so much more and taking steps to get on the fastlane. About my ex-girlfriend, I heard she started doing meth, dropped out of nursing school, broke up with her baby's daddy, and working at some sleazy topless coffee shop now. She appears to be in a very dark place and I hope she will make better choices.
I've read a few threads here asking whether they should move out of state or drop out of college to pursue their fastlane dreams. I don't see why not. I guess getting kicked out of my dad's house was like moving out of state. I had no choice but to better myself in every way. And college isn't for everyone. I didn't get another job or out of desktop support because of my degree. It was actually the CCNA certification and experience that got me the job. I don't know if there's any moral to my story, but I guess it would be to never, ever give up, no matter how bad things might seem. Lastly, I want to thank MJ and everyone who replied to my thread 7 years ago. It changed my life and I'm truly grateful. Thanks for reading!
I posted this thread here: I'm probably the biggest loser here. about 7 years ago in 2011. This isn't a fastlane story, just a story about choices and redemption. I haven't provided much value to anyone and thought I start here. 2011 was the worst year of my life. I dropped out of college to help my mom with her cancer treatments. She did not survive, I got laid off from my job, girlfriend cheated and left me, and kicked out of my dad's house, all within the span of a few months that year. It was hard not to feel sorry for myself and I seriously contemplated suicide, but I knew that I made some bad choices that led to my demise. Before all these bad things happened, all I did was go to school, smoke weed, and played video games daily. I also dabbled with hmtl/css/php, but didn't take it seriously.
Fast forward a few months later, I found myself all alone, with hardly any money, and nowhere to return. I was renting a room from an old couple with unemployment benefits and it was quickly running out. It was scary, but it was also one of the best things to happen to me. I could have kept smoking weed, playing video games, and feeling sorry for myself, but I had to make better choices to survive. I quit weed, video games, and spent many nights at the library, because I know the world isn't going to hand me anything. I gotta earn it or just take it. I found another job doing desktop support, went back to college and earned a few IT certifications, including the CCNA. I also finally graduated college with a Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology - which led me to a network engineer role.
It was also at this time that I met a pharmacist who would become my wife and mother of my son. We're not rich, but have a couple rental properties, live a comfortable life and I recently ditched my old '96 Acura Integra for my dream car, a Nissan GTR. I'm still in the slowlane, but I aspire to be so much more and taking steps to get on the fastlane. About my ex-girlfriend, I heard she started doing meth, dropped out of nursing school, broke up with her baby's daddy, and working at some sleazy topless coffee shop now. She appears to be in a very dark place and I hope she will make better choices.
I've read a few threads here asking whether they should move out of state or drop out of college to pursue their fastlane dreams. I don't see why not. I guess getting kicked out of my dad's house was like moving out of state. I had no choice but to better myself in every way. And college isn't for everyone. I didn't get another job or out of desktop support because of my degree. It was actually the CCNA certification and experience that got me the job. I don't know if there's any moral to my story, but I guess it would be to never, ever give up, no matter how bad things might seem. Lastly, I want to thank MJ and everyone who replied to my thread 7 years ago. It changed my life and I'm truly grateful. Thanks for reading!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
