The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My (sort of) yearly review

Anything related to matters of the mind

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Time flies, really fast.

Just got my one year forum anniversary notification and decided to do my yearly review.

Well actually at the moment I’ve got nothing to report but failures. And it kind of sucks because after all that sh*t I went through, I’m now back at square one. In fact I think I’m worse off than before I joined the forum, financially speaking. So I don’t plan to write much about my failures because I’m already my own worst critic and I don’t want a permanent reminder, in written form :rofl:

I do however; want to write about how I’ve reacted to failures now as compared to the past. One year ago, if I hadn’t joined the forum and experienced the sh*t that I went through, I would have probably sunk into a very long depression and unable to recover.

Reading all the stories in the forum has definitely helped me develop a better mindset and a stronger resilience against failures and setbacks. Just like how a toddler must fall and experience pain multiple times before he can finally walk, so must an entrepreneur experience the agony of going through failures and setbacks before finally succeeding.

I’m writing this as a reminder to myself, and to all members out there who are struggling, keep it up! When you have fallen and bruised yourselves badly you have 2 choices:

1) sulk, point fingers and whine all day long about how the world is so damn unfair and how things hardly ever go your way

OR

2) pick yourself up, carry on, and make things happen.

pick-yourself-up.jpg

Make the choice that the future you would be proud and thankful of. Remember, tough times never last, tough people do!

P/s: I'd also like to thank the forum members (too many to name) for sharing your experiences. Your posts have directly/indirectly helped me on my journey

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Make the choice that the future you would be proud and thankful of. Remember, tough times never last, tough people do!

Two more for you:

'Falling down is an accident. Staying down is a choice'.

and...
Persistence-You-only-fail-when-you-stop-trying-Recovered.jpg

Good luck. Lets see what your quarterly review has in store.

Megan Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Nov 27, 2018
Happy one year anniversary! What is your plan for the next year?

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Happy one year anniversary! What is your plan for the next year?

Thanks Megan! Next year I plan to do the following:

1) take on some side gigs to earn some extra money. Today I was approached by an affluent friend who asked me to provide private tuition for her 17 year old son, who is studying in private school. I had a degree in chemistry so she asked me to guide him on chemistry, physics and advanced math, starting from January. She offered well above the market rate per subject as she knew I'm the kind of tutor who will help her son develop critical thinking skills, instead of just churning multiple As but learning nothing along the way. I've done private tutoring for free before so I know I can handle it. I agreed to tutor for chemistry and physics, but will need to look at the math syllabus before agreeing as my advanced math skill is really rusty now.

2) Keep hustling. I formed a business partnership with 2 other people few months ago providing B2B products. Business has been really slow so I'll need to think of new solutions to drum up the sales, and take more actions and visit more customers.

3) Learn new skills to upgrade myself, and apply them to the business. This will be related to online marketing, advertising, copywriting, as well as selling and negotiation skills.

4) reread some of the books I have. When I was feeling really down few weeks ago I decided to read the books that I currently have. I realized that some of the things mentioned in the books are seriously useful and applicable. It's just that when I read them few years back they don't seem to speak to me that much. So now I make it a point to read them again, and hopefully gain new insights to things that I've missed out.

I kind of went overboard with the reply. Hope you don't mind :happy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Megan Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Nov 27, 2018
Hope you don't mind
Absolutely not! That was a great response, thanks! I think it'll be fun to look back on this as time passes and see how you're progressing too. Best of luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.