The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My second life has begun

Markus Ewalts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 7, 2021
My life as a wage slave is over. Now I’m an entrepeneur. An absolute beginner that has much to learn. But only I’m responsible for my life.

What made me change?
Why did I quit that „well“ paid job in a company that has a „no one get‘s fired“ policy and can hardly go bankrupt. It is 100% owned by the state. Germany. I have no debt. 36 days paid vacation which I usually spend on sunny beaches. Nothing bad to say about. Right?

But something felt wrong. Utterly wrong. Was this all? Is this the life that I want? I want to be free, but this is not how I feel. My midlife crisis had set in. Instead of buying a sports car I came to the conclusion that I die. Yes my life will end. Sooner than I like to. Hopefully this will still take half a century to complete.

This simple insight gave me the kick I needed to quit my job. I cannot describe the fear I had about not having a job before. How would I pay my rent? My food? How would I save for my rent? and so on…

I mentally knew that I can get a new job anytime. But it didn’t feel that way. I didn’t feel free in any way. The voices of my family and friends „have a good job“ still somewhere in the back off my mind. Now this voice is gone.

My employment expires on 30.04.2021. Quitting in Covid times and feeling great about it. One year ago that would have been impossible for me. But I’m no longer that guy and in one year from now, I will no longer be my current self. Luckily. Yes I know how luck is created. You are welcome to remind me. Because sometimes I postpone what has to be done.

My professional background is IT. I was a programer did IT support and operation, but most of the time I was a project manager. Now I hope that my affection for IT doesn’t cloud my mind when it comes to understand customer needs.

At the moment I‘m setting up my company. In Cyprus. Meanwhile I study marketing and sales, because that is my major weakness. While I read through the marketing and sales books I lookout for my next challenge. Getting (soft/hard) proof for my business idea.

Yepp I’m a total newcomer. But I’m here to enjoy the challenges ahead. This is my new life.

On my new path I will stumble and fall. Especially in these moments I hope to find inspiration here to rise fast and continue on my path. So I'm looking for people that already live this life to inspire me and I hope with some experience I can give back real value to the community.

One of the changes in my life is that I'm relocating to Cyprus. Leaving Germany’s golden cage behind. When you are around drop by and let's have a chat.

CU Markus

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chris_Varick

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 8, 2021
North Germany
Hey Markus,
just read your intro! Also being from Germany and working for a big company that is certainly not going to be bankrupt I fee exactly the same !! Congratulations for your big move in business wise and geographically
cheers Christian

Markus Ewalts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 7, 2021
Hey Christian,

thank you! It's good to know others having similar struggles and feel the same. Good luck to you! We'll meet on that road to (life) success.

Cheers Markus

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Props for stepping out of the comfort zone, as good as "society" makes it out to be, living in comfort is not what you'll be thinking about it on your death bed like you realized. Good luck on your new journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...