It has been quite some time since I've posted on here, a lot has changed, a lot has stayed the same. I have always been around, lurking, but haven't contributed much lately. I read and reread the book, I loved it. As of 12/15, I am officially done with school and graduated from CSU Monterey Bay with a BS in Entrepreneurial Business. Now that I am finished, I cannot wait to get started with my entrepreneurial endeavors. I currently am managing two apartment complexes in the Monterey area, and have a great relationship with my boss. We have discussed the possibility of him being somewhat of an "angel investor", giving me the funding and guidance to ensure the start up I have been wanting to do.
Back when I originally signed up to this forum, I posted my ideas for an exotic car rental business and got a good response from people. I still think its a really cool idea and plan to pursue it. I am still a bit hesitant due to the economy, but I really want to go ahead and get started. I will probably start small, scaling the original five cars back to about two, the 458 Italia and a Gallardo. I am hoping within the next several months to have all the pieces together on that. If anyone is interested in specifics, I can provide more details.
The other project I am working on, is almost more exciting than the first. Of course I love exotic cars, more than ALMOST anything else, but after reading the book, I realized it may not be exactly fastlane unless I franchised it, but that is another story. This revelation lead me to develop a new business concept which I am currently working on.
I am excited about this project because I think it has the opportunity to be fastlane and it is very realistic for me to do. It would be a subscription based model, the margin would be about 50%, netting me about $50-$100 per month, per customer. I have already found the producer for my product, have come up with the name and logo, and I am in the process of designing a website (a first for me). The best part of this business is that after a few months, my members will eventually create the design for the product each month, reducing the work I need to do dramatically, while giving them a sense of pride and a certain level of influence on the company. I hope this will lead to my "evangelists" MJ talks about.
I don't want to give it away yet, but as soon as the website is launched, I will provide you guys with the link so you can check it out and give me feedback. I appreciate the input from the fastlane community. It is easy to get praise on your work, but I want to hear whats wrong with it so I can make it better.
I'll keep you guys posted on that. Anyways, just wanted to re-introduce myself as I'd been gone so long. Looking forward to some interesting advice and input!
Back when I originally signed up to this forum, I posted my ideas for an exotic car rental business and got a good response from people. I still think its a really cool idea and plan to pursue it. I am still a bit hesitant due to the economy, but I really want to go ahead and get started. I will probably start small, scaling the original five cars back to about two, the 458 Italia and a Gallardo. I am hoping within the next several months to have all the pieces together on that. If anyone is interested in specifics, I can provide more details.
The other project I am working on, is almost more exciting than the first. Of course I love exotic cars, more than ALMOST anything else, but after reading the book, I realized it may not be exactly fastlane unless I franchised it, but that is another story. This revelation lead me to develop a new business concept which I am currently working on.
I am excited about this project because I think it has the opportunity to be fastlane and it is very realistic for me to do. It would be a subscription based model, the margin would be about 50%, netting me about $50-$100 per month, per customer. I have already found the producer for my product, have come up with the name and logo, and I am in the process of designing a website (a first for me). The best part of this business is that after a few months, my members will eventually create the design for the product each month, reducing the work I need to do dramatically, while giving them a sense of pride and a certain level of influence on the company. I hope this will lead to my "evangelists" MJ talks about.
I don't want to give it away yet, but as soon as the website is launched, I will provide you guys with the link so you can check it out and give me feedback. I appreciate the input from the fastlane community. It is easy to get praise on your work, but I want to hear whats wrong with it so I can make it better.
I'll keep you guys posted on that. Anyways, just wanted to re-introduce myself as I'd been gone so long. Looking forward to some interesting advice and input!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
