The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My perspective has changed in the past 6 months

Anything related to matters of the mind

Severe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2021
Marrakesh, Morocco
Hello everyone,
Two quotes I've grown to like in the past few weeks is: "We learn life only through personal experience", "The world is never as you expect".
A few months ago @WJK suggested I'd go homeless for a few days, she said it'll change my attitude forever, it did. I went on a camping trip to one of the most dangerous place in my country and saw how monstrous life can get. I also tried getting into a relationship and got used so bad.
I'm 21 years of age and I've changed my conveyor belt to what I think will better develop my mind into thinking more clear, I dropped every source of instant gratification I had, from foods to activities, read about psychology and I now can see why self-made people hate the government. This quote from TMF "If you lived in an aquarium, would you rather be the shark or the guppy? Sharks eat . . . guppies get eaten." has lots of meaning once one starts questioning how people got where they got. Also "I wanted a fast car in reality" makes lots of sense once one educates himself about human psychology and how certain industries such as the video game industry work.
One thing I can see clear now is making money is never about making money. Funny how shattered my mind was a few months ago. Makes you think that we're just what our environment forces us to be.
I now plan on following my field of study which is software development, I plan on entering the world of algorithmic trading afterwards for its location-free advantage, in the end, the fastlane is never about money, but about freedom.
MJ, you've done a great job in researching your market, thanks man for the books.
I'll go construct a life now.
Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Glad you found value in my message. Best wishes to ya, hope to hear reports from you often.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Changing your mindset is your most important step, one I'm working towards.

I would like to know more about the "homeless" experience. What did you do in these three days ? Or did you only sleep outside at night?

Severe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2021
Marrakesh, Morocco
Changing your mindset is your most important step, one I'm working towards.

I would like to know more about the "homeless" experience. What did you do in these three days ? Or did you only sleep outside at night?
I went on a camping trip to a rural village where hash(known drug in Morocco) is processed and crime is normal, I saw how far people are willing to go to get money. I also saw how the economy works on a small scale. Saw how 12yo kids wake up everyday at 6AM to go fishing to get money to educate themselves.. a few days later I went to a luxurious neighborhood in a city and saw how 18yo kids still rely on their parents.
That one week changed how I see people. We're very far from perfect, but we run away from that reality and think we are.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I went on a camping trip to a rural village where hash(known drug in Morocco) is processed and crime is normal, I saw how far people are willing to go to get money. I also saw how the economy works on a small scale. Saw how 12yo kids wake up everyday at 6AM to go fishing to get money to educate themselves.. a few days later I went to a luxurious neighborhood in a city and saw how 18yo kids still rely on their parents.
That one week changed how I see people. We're very far from perfect, but we run away from that reality and think we are.
Man that has got to be an experience. Thanks for sharing.
It makes you think how we don't really know what people have to do to get where they want or just to survive

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

Please SEARCH before posting.