The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My life as of now

slowzowner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 18, 2008
Southern California
Well I had been logging on to this forum constantly every single day, and I was hooked from the very first second, it was like I couldn't get enough. Then I was inspired to start my own website, which is nowhere near what I want it to be, but hey I took my first step in "trying" to join the fastlane. Well so far it has gone absolutely nowhere...but I have not given up yet. Well two weeks ago I was at work and I was driving my work truck and I was doing 40 mph when an elderly gentleman ran a red light and I had no time to react, I ended up hitting him in the front driver side fender/driver side door, luckily he was ok. On the day of the accident my boss offered me no medical attention nor did he even ask if I was ok, even after I was complaining about pain in my back and my neck. After two weeks of complaining he finally sent me to the doctor, I have a strained back. As we all know the economy is pretty horrible right now, well I didnt believe it until my Dad lost his job. My parents have had to drain all of their accounts and are pretty much broke, so being that I love my family to death I have loaned them as much money as I possibly can and now I'm almost in that "broke" catagory. So now I'm scared I feel like I'm losing everything. I apologize for posting this thread but I'm really trying to regain my focus and stay on track, I believe I have a strong plan I think I just need a little help and guidance. For those of you that have taken the time to read this I'd like to thank you for allowing me to release a little bit of my stress, thank you and take care.

Justin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Sorry to hear all of this.

I've never been in such a position, but use this as motivation. Every time you're having trouble with doing something for your site, think about everything you're dealing with and use it to add fuel to that fire burning inside of you.

Obstacles such as these are only there to test how badly you really want to reach your end goal -- whether it is a successful business, a life of freedom, or anything else you are working towards.

Whenever you need motivation, read the success stories here. Also, watch anything related to Randy Pausch (if you do a quick search, there's a thread about him on here referencing "The Last Lecture").

Good luck! We've all got your back.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Justin,

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress you are under right now. Sounds like you are getting it from every angle! ...If you've read the different success stories here, you'll know that success doesn't happen overnight. Keep looking at what's working in your life, and focus on what you do have control over.

The serenity prayer always works for me in times like these:

"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

Hang in there.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
Justin

I am sorry to hear about your current situation.

Try to see the good side of every situation. This may very well give you the motivation you need to turn that website into a winner. At the end of this you'll come out a stronger, better person. At the end of this you may just be saying to yourself, "I can handle anything now." And that kind of mindset can turn you into an unstoppable force, bringing you reaps and reaps of success.

My best wishes, and keep at it

R

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
What type of website did you start?

That's business, some businesses work out and some don't. It's all trial and error, atleast you tried one business already and that's a great start.

Good thing the old man is ok and you too.

Economy is bad, some people are losing jobs, your family fell into this bracket which I'm sorry to hear, I hope this gives you more motivation to start a new business to help yourself and your family.

slowzowner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 18, 2008
Southern California
Thank you for all of your kind words. Normally I'm the person who is always saying look at the positive and focus on it, but I feel that I'm at my lowest point and it seems that I'm stuck in this huge hole and I'm trying to climb out of it but as I take my first step out someone comes and pushes me back down into it. I have realized that life can be difficult at times and it comes at you extremely fast, and I'm trying to enjoy the ride but the ride has turned really bumpy and is quite uncomfortable at the moment. The best and most motivational part of my life is my girlfriend, she pushes me to strive and to never give up, I'd honestly be lost without her. Right now I'm trying to develope a networking website that is original compared to the others that are already on the market... I just need some help getting it designed and marketed. I believe that it has great potential but I'm kinda stuck and I'm not sure what to do next. Thank you again for all of your support and encouragement.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Justin, I hope this will give you the motivation you need right now:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ya9BXClRw]YouTube - Inspirational Speech by Dr. Randy Pausch: The Last Lecture. Dr. Pausch Passed Away On July 25, 2008[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc]YouTube - Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address[/ame]

All the best! :thumbsup:

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
Something about your chosen nick name. You obviously identify yourself as a slow-zoner right now. That's ok, but I would rather choose a name that concentrates on strengths or positive things. Even if it is just a nick, I see the danger that you will permanently identify yourself as a slowzoner in future as well. It will permanently push you back. A positive attitude in itself will not change things for the better, granted, but it keeps you motivated to try harder, to overcome obstacles and not to loose faith in yourself! So I recommend you change your nick name.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Justin, I'm so glad that you and the other man are OK after your wreck. I'm also sorry to hear of your struggles. You may not see it this way now but you have such a fantastic opportunity waiting for you right now. You have been shown, at a fairly early stage in your life, that there are no guarantees. There was no guarantee of surviving the wreck, of you employer helping you with medical care, of your parents financial stability, there is no guarantee. When you first hear this it is scary, I agree. But let it sink in, no guarantees, no real safety, only perceived safety. So, if that's true, then why not spend your life finding ways to be successful on your terms. Be determined to do things the way you want.

Be grateful for this early lesson. Some retirees are learning this because their "guaranteed life time benefits" are being cut now. Lifetime jobs at factories are no more. I have seen grown men bawl during lay offs that shouldn't have to happen. I have seen HR and management guys that have to do the lay offs scared for their lives.

I know this is a painful time and I do wish you well. I do hope that you and you family recover from this experience. Pleased keep us posted. :cheers:

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL

PablitoCroft

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 15, 2008
Niagara Falls, Canada
I have realized that life can be difficult at times and it comes at you extremely fast, and I'm trying to enjoy the ride but the ride has turned really bumpy and is quite uncomfortable at the moment.

I know how you feel, over the last year and a half I came out of my "lowest point"..... If you work hard and work smart, things will get better.

When the ride of life turns bumpy and rough, get out the mountain bike and hammer through it!!!

All the best.

Paul

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Justin,

Like all of the posters above, I sympathize with your situation and understand where you are coming from.

When I am down or in a rut, I've found that taking action is the thing that gets me out of it.

So, let's start.

1) Why is your website not working?

2) What do you need to do differently?

3) How can the people on this site help you? (in addition to the empathy and sympathy provided above)

4) Is this website part of your PLAN to the fastlane?

Best of luck, we are all here for you.

-Sid23

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.