I have a idea I have been working onfor some time and would like options and suggestions. I am going to give details and provide full disclosure. I am confident enough thatthe skill sets required for entry into this market will protect the idea enough, that I am not worried about it being stolen. Matter fact I am thinking maybe, the best way to bring this idea to market is to allow everyone to join into the market. Maybe create a open source project to help create the complex software that still need to becreated.
The idea is in the Software as a Service (SaaS) market with a twist. Open Source Software as a Service. You see there are already many quality open source software products out there today, ready to serve the SaaS market. The big problem is they require several technical skills to install, maintainand turn into a solid and profitable product. Not to mention marketing is everything when it come to software products.
The idea is a platform that provide not only Open Source Software downloads, but also the infrastructure torun these software packages in a SaaS application environment. Now this is being done already, in a limited way, by many of the open source sponsors already, I know. However, this software platform would be a selection of several of the very best of these software packages, offered, maintained and supported in one place by one company. Maintenance, support and possibility custom programming being the value added item that will sell it... I think.
Due to my background I have thetechnical experience to create, maintain and support this project covered. What I can not do myself I will have done for me.
The problem is marketing and sales ofthis product. I am looking for ideas on how to sell this thing. I am not a complete stranger to marketing as I owned a software consulting company for many years a long time ago. But this is completely uniqueand would like options on how everyone thinks the marketing might be approached.
I am at the prototype stage and you arewelcome to visit the prototype site. It is very rough I know (myMinimal Viable Product Design), but development is underway. You can find the site here opencloudsoft.com
Fast lane analyst: Affection
Need: I believe there will always be aneed for good business software of all types. The market will continue to offer many opportunities. **** 4 stars out of 5
Entry: Requires many skill sets and would not be easy to create without a large amount of cash or experience in many of areas required. **** 4 stars out of 5
Control: In the beginning the hosting will have to be purchased. Later building the hosting environment will offer big savings and profit margins. I know, everyone knows agreat hosting company, but experience tell me, things and companies change, at the worst possible time. But in the beginning this could be controlled and can work to an advantage. Offering easy expansionand access to resources may be worth giving up some of the control of the environment. Anyway because of the hosting company (vendor) environment. I will only give this one *** 3 out of 5 stars
Scale: It can scale. The market is extremely large, and resources to provide products are limitless. ***** 5 starts out of 5
Time: it will take time to build technical, development, and support teams. However, once created the possibilities, products and markets could be endless. In the beginning it will require a lot of time so I have given this one ***3 out of 5 stars
Ideas, comments, flames or suggestions?
Marketing ideas and suggestions are most welcome.
The idea is in the Software as a Service (SaaS) market with a twist. Open Source Software as a Service. You see there are already many quality open source software products out there today, ready to serve the SaaS market. The big problem is they require several technical skills to install, maintainand turn into a solid and profitable product. Not to mention marketing is everything when it come to software products.
The idea is a platform that provide not only Open Source Software downloads, but also the infrastructure torun these software packages in a SaaS application environment. Now this is being done already, in a limited way, by many of the open source sponsors already, I know. However, this software platform would be a selection of several of the very best of these software packages, offered, maintained and supported in one place by one company. Maintenance, support and possibility custom programming being the value added item that will sell it... I think.
Due to my background I have thetechnical experience to create, maintain and support this project covered. What I can not do myself I will have done for me.
The problem is marketing and sales ofthis product. I am looking for ideas on how to sell this thing. I am not a complete stranger to marketing as I owned a software consulting company for many years a long time ago. But this is completely uniqueand would like options on how everyone thinks the marketing might be approached.
I am at the prototype stage and you arewelcome to visit the prototype site. It is very rough I know (myMinimal Viable Product Design), but development is underway. You can find the site here opencloudsoft.com
Fast lane analyst: Affection
Need: I believe there will always be aneed for good business software of all types. The market will continue to offer many opportunities. **** 4 stars out of 5
Entry: Requires many skill sets and would not be easy to create without a large amount of cash or experience in many of areas required. **** 4 stars out of 5
Control: In the beginning the hosting will have to be purchased. Later building the hosting environment will offer big savings and profit margins. I know, everyone knows agreat hosting company, but experience tell me, things and companies change, at the worst possible time. But in the beginning this could be controlled and can work to an advantage. Offering easy expansionand access to resources may be worth giving up some of the control of the environment. Anyway because of the hosting company (vendor) environment. I will only give this one *** 3 out of 5 stars
Scale: It can scale. The market is extremely large, and resources to provide products are limitless. ***** 5 starts out of 5
Time: it will take time to build technical, development, and support teams. However, once created the possibilities, products and markets could be endless. In the beginning it will require a lot of time so I have given this one ***3 out of 5 stars
Ideas, comments, flames or suggestions?
Marketing ideas and suggestions are most welcome.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
