The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My idea :D

Idea threads

Fastlaner2012

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 23, 2011
Great that you have taken the initiative!

I like the theme it looks good.

I think that you may wan to think about doing some research about what is needed in the online marketplace in terms of tutorials and analyze the competition to provide better tutorials and higher value...
I also think that for SEO purposes it'd be better if you pick a specific niche and split your tutorials into categories and sub categories where each sub category will have several tutorials that people are searching for.
You also may want to create a subscription based website for free at first where you start collecting your visitors emails to have access to valuable tutorials and then you can either market to that list and/or later on charge a fee to your subscribers for access
I think it's great start ... you may also start thinking about doing some online marketing and learn from your visitors what they really want instead of what you think is what they want...

Good Luck & keep learning

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Im working on categories :)
Good point I will make button 'what tutorial do you need' with contact form added to it :)
Needed are tutorials to make stuff quick, im working in that industry so i know exactly what tutorials to make :)
I will make quick tutorials with concrete answers and for 20$ couple of hours with specified making some stuff like modeling rigging animating and stuff :)
I need to pay for hosting so i need to implement adsense quick.
Im frustrated bcos i wont get money even for hosting in propably first year... will see... i hope i will get money for pay domain :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Primzi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2011
Ljubljana, Slovenia
It looks nice (I love the logo at the top + the simplistic website layout), but the page loads way too slow. You should work on that ;). And, are people going to pay you money for this? Did you do your research/testing?

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
It doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the customers think. Design is important and can make a service look cooler than it is and can even grant some recommendations on coolness alone, but the product is what will make or break anyone in the free market.

The page loads slow because of all those embedded videos. You might think of something like having automatically generated screenshots of the videos to load that then link to the videos - or something similar...

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
It looks nice (I love the logo at the top + the simplistic website layout),
Thx it took me a lot of time to make it like that.
Lots of thinking about that
- cafe is place to meet up talk about something, get some advices etc
- the wireframe on the cup of coffee its visual presentation of a three dimensional or physical object used in 3D computer graphics (vertex,edges,faces)
- the smiling face is similar to many many cartoons so it should encourage to learn more in friendly online environment where everybody can help you learn more and be better in that subject what is 3d work as modeler, animator rigger,character and level designer.

, but the page loads way too slow.
sure im working on it, its bcos of youtube, i will replace that videos to jpgs so it will be one video at the time after click on specific subject.
Also I need to repair menu bcos it sucks. (overlaping with youtube)
Many things to change an so short time after work to make it better... damn.

And, are people going to pay you money for this? Did you do your research/testing?
Good question, on anything you dont have guarantee when you first start something, so iv stopped thinking about great ideas and start something that i know good to start something, will see - people dont have money for tutorials and oftern download pirated versions so my plan is simple - just try your best on it.
I will add adsense and hope to get money on hosting during the year... most tutorials will be free so i will count on adsense ads, i also will make longer better tutorials for couple of bucks bcos its just tutorial so it wont be 50$ like other competition , it will be 5$ to buy by paypal, maybe make some donations and hopefully I will pay for hosting, if I could get same traffic as torrents sites :D i could pay for hosting and more...

So as you can see its something based on hope.. not calculated process on something that I will be rich over night... but i love that damn logo :D and I will try my best to make it working.

It doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the customers think
there is no customers yet, i need to make more content, professional tutorials but first i need to sort that errors on website but im working on it :)

I will replace youtube small vids to jpg and it will work like a dream :)

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
ok iv added google analitycs and adsense :) now I will replace vids in main page to jpgs to make it quicker in loading :) next will be repair menu and then i can nstart making better tutorials and SEO my website :)

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
any good advices how to bring traffic or where to learn how to bring traffic?
-iv replaced the videos on main page to jpgs ;) its lighter :)

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
The site looks OK and loaded pretty fast.

I will add adsense and hope to get money on hosting during the year... most tutorials will be free so i will count on adsense ads, i also will make longer better tutorials for couple of bucks bcos its just tutorial so it wont be 50$ like other competition , it will be 5$ to buy by paypal, maybe make some donations and hopefully I will pay for hosting, if I could get same traffic as torrents sites i could pay for hosting and more...

If you're looking for another way to charge for your longer tutorials/premium content I've got a turn key solution for you, so feel free to pm me.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
the site looks ok and loaded pretty fast.

If you're looking for another way to charge for your longer tutorials/premium content i've got a turn key solution for you, so feel free to pm me.

ok :)

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Sigh. At least ask on "target market" forums what people think.

This is seriously some of the best advice I've ever read on this forum. And it's so simple and common-sense that it often gets overlooked. Ask your target market if they would be willing to buy your product or service before putting time and work into it. Period.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
This is seriously some of the best advice I've ever read on this forum. And it's so simple and common-sense that it often gets overlooked. Ask your target market if they would be willing to buy your product or service before putting time and work into it. Period.

I know I know, I will make at least 3 tutorials in Polish and English and then I will ask on forums. In couple of days I will make it.

holywingz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 4, 2011
can you tell me how you make such good website?
how you learn it?

I think what you did is great already, all you need is see what else you can do and just do those first!

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
it looks as if your site is dirty, which almost made me want to clean my screen (i actually did). I dont like it, cool logo though.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
can you tell me how you make such good website?
how you learn it?

I think what you did is great already, all you need is see what else you can do and just do those first!

I didnt make... I just used ready cms... there is many of them in the web like joomla, wordpress, drupal etc...
Hosting has many preinstalled joomlas etc...
Iv just installed and edited default one.

If somebody liket to know all details just PM me. (i found a way to make it quick and good quality)

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
So :)

Iv made english version of website http://cgcafe.pl/usa/ :) tutorials in english still in production, next tutorials gonna be for blender, cryengine, unity3d :) then I will stick to seo and still Im thinking about where to add ads and how to bring more traffic.

Will see :)

GDevDir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 9, 2011
UK
nice! i like that, may be worth adding "indie" developers too with a different color icon?

also, your website design/colour scheme is such that the adverts stand out more than the content, when i loaded your page it looked like everything was greyed out apart from the advert. may want to ensure that YOUR content sticks out instead of the ads ;)

coming along nicely though m8!

also try to find out why your threads are being moved/deleted (without being hostile/defensive (read howtowinfriendsandinfluencepeople)) and make the necessary changes so your future posts will get more views as i assume that is going to be your main form of advertising ?

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
adsense just blocked my site :) i didnt started to earn money and im blocked :) sweet! now what? :D
I dont like to be dependent on any advertising agency... but many firms need to promote in the web, did anybody here started they own advertising agency? and hows they going? :)

Im thinking to copy some similar business plan of a man who is best at copying businesses :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.