The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My FTE -- it's about time

Anything related to matters of the mind

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Over the last few weeks I have been drenching my brain in the three books and thinking about lots of things.

In life I handle change pretty well, having moved homes 54 times in my 54 years, I have got pretty good at it and have largely leaned out my lifestyle ... TL;DR

My FTE was when I realised that it takes me about 3-6 months each time I move to get locked into to the new locale and routines etc, largely being ineffective for that period of time. When I did some math and realised, that at a 4 month adjustment for each move, I have had 18years of ineffective time, add on my first 18yrs of life of regular education and at least 5 of the 7 years I was married, I have had over 40yrs being ineffective, ouch!

I'm still learning and now getting more focused on the Fastlane, I may be old when I hit the escape.

@DuncDad

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CL100

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 23, 2022
Good morning,

The way I see it, starting now is better than never.

Bottom line is you're here once so might as well make the steps in the fastlane direction that you want.

Regards,

Cee. (Wannapreneur)

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Over the last few weeks I have been drenching my brain in the three books and thinking about lots of things.

In life I handle change pretty well, having moved homes 54 times in my 54 years, I have got pretty good at it and have largely leaned out my lifestyle ... TL;DR

My FTE was when I realised that it takes me about 3-6 months each time I move to get locked into to the new locale and routines etc, largely being ineffective for that period of time. When I did some math and realised, that at a 4 month adjustment for each move, I have had 18years of ineffective time, add on my first 18yrs of life of regular education and at least 5 of the 7 years I was married, I have had over 40yrs being ineffective, ouch!

I'm still learning and now getting more focused on the Fastlane, I may be old when I hit the escape.

@DuncDad
You talk of 'moving 54 times' as if it's a sport needing to be tackled and mastered. Why such instability in your life - or why so many uproots in such a short time?

There's NO WAY you can possibly be grounded enough to ever launch or put into action many of the mindsets and principles that will bring you to fastlane success doing that!!

I hope it is some part of a master plan (trying out a different USA city each year, etc) - and not something out of necessity and conditions because you def need to get that under control ASAP to take the next step forward.

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
You talk of 'moving 54 times' as if it's a sport needing to be tackled and mastered. Why such instability in your life - or why so many uproots in such a short time?

There's NO WAY you can possibly be grounded enough to ever launch or put into action many of the mindsets and principles that will bring you to fastlane success doing that!!

I hope it is some part of a master plan (trying out a different USA city each year, etc) - and not something out of necessity and conditions because you def need to get that under control ASAP to take the next step forward.
well it was mostly chasing jobs and careers - all Slowlane. Constantly living pay-check to pay-check. At the mercy of landlords too. 6 month leases for homes are common in Australia

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Good morning,

The way I see it, starting now is better than never.

Bottom line is you're here once so might as well make the steps in the fastlane direction that you want.

Regards,

Cee. (Wannapreneur)
Spot on, never too late to start AND make sure to teach your kids the right stuff

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
having moved homes 54 times in my 54 years, I have got pretty good at it and have largely leaned out my lifestyle ... TL;DR

Wow, something is definitely going on here. Why not just buy an RV and live there if the moves are so often?

I also discovered that every time I move, it disrupts my life by several months, several months of poor productivity, poor diet, and overall, poor activity.

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Wow, something is definitely going on here. Why not just buy an RV and live there if the moves are so often?

I also discovered that every time I move, it disrupts my life by several months, several months of poor productivity, poor diet, and overall, poor activity.
Spot on.
I would love to have been able to afford an RV. I did live for a year or so in the back of my van, long before #vanlife was a thing (Pioneer) :playful:
So once the escape number is achieved a plan is to have a reasonable (60'+) sized boat to live aboard

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Well on one hand you have not lived in one place long enough to figure out the market in a place. On the other hand you could probably write a book on moving and having a mobile lifestyle. I bet there is niche or market need you could glean from 54 moves or even something related to why you moved a lot, probably something affecting other people.

Or even dig into what MJ said. What would fix the disrupted productivity? What would fix the disrupted diet etc

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Well on one hand you have not lived in one place long enough to figure out the market in a place. On the other hand you could probably write a book on moving and having a mobile lifestyle. I bet there is niche or market need you could glean from 54 moves or even something related to why you moved a lot, probably something affecting other people.
that's so true, the key is being flexible and adaptable to change.
Although I have moved a lot I have had a fulfilling and adventurous life that many couldn't fathom.

ps.. I think I must have nomadic blood in me. My ancestors were Vikings after-all

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
that's so true, the key is being flexible and adaptable to change.
Although I have moved a lot I have had a fulfilling and adventurous life that many couldn't fathom.

ps.. I think I must have nomadic blood in me. My ancestors were Vikings after-all
You have life experiences that barely anyone has.

I can think of around 5-10 businesses you can start based on moving so much.

There is definitely a mindset that you need to have to be able to do that as much as you have.

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
You have life experiences that barely anyone has.

I can think of around 5-10 businesses you can start based on moving so much.

There is definitely a mindset that you need to have to be able to do that as much as you have.
Shoot me a DM if you like, I'm always keen on someone else's perspective

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.