The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My friend just got a new rifle...

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Colt AR15, not sure of all the detials yet, but its got some toys on it.

I'm not a huge M16 fan, but I can't deny that its a good rifle. Personaly when I buy my assualt rifle its going to be an AK47/M14, or if I can afford it a G36 or P90. But a class 3 P90 not a lame long barrel civilian one.

One of the guys who sat next to me in German class last semester was in Iraq for two tours and said he switched to the 14 first chance he got. The 7.62 round drops them better at longer distances, and the 14 isn't bothered by the sand as much.

My favorite rifle to fire is still my Grandfathers M1 Carbine. Its not the most powerfull but its very easy to shoot, and accurite.(well accurite enough to get three notch's on the stock!) He picked it up on a beach in the Philippines since the PO didn't need it anymore. Also when a Japanese machine gun is unloading on you for all its worth, anything that shoots thats within reach works.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

zaiteku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 10, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
I love the M14. One of my fav. guns. I like the M1 carb. as well, but yeah, its hard to hunt with the pistol rounds.

I think my next gun is going to be a lever action, I need a good bush gun, and those are fun. Still researching which one I want.

ramy98

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 1, 2007
Florida
I have two ar-15s and they are both good news... One is a bushmaster and the second in LMT. Very accurate firearms; more accurate than me !

Contemplating picking up a VZ58 !

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I'd really like an H&K 416 if they ever sell them.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Thats nice! I want!

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Colt AR15, not sure of all the detials yet, but its got some toys on it.

I'm not a huge M16 fan, but I can't deny that its a good rifle. Personaly when I buy my assualt rifle its going to be an AK47/M14, or if I can afford it a G36 or P90. But a class 3 P90 not a lame long barrel civilian one.

Unless you're Law Enforcement, you're not going to be getting a G36 or real P90.

I'm guessing you're friend's Colt AR-15 is a pre ban? I don't think they sold AR-15 to civilians anymore after the 1994 AWB ended in 2004.

The pre ban Colt is nice, but I think the quality is not up to todays quality coming from Bushmaster, LMT, and a few other AR-15 makers these day. I have a pre ban in my collection.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
No its brand new. The gunstore said thats it though, no more to civilians.

Its semi auto, it doesn't have selective fire.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Just signed up to be an affiliate of gunbroker.com Waiting to hear back from them. I also heard from numerous other sources they are the place to go.

My newest acquisition will be a PT111, in a .40 or .45

My 30 Day Challenge test site is "The Authority on New and Used Guns For Sale" site and I am always looking for ways to offer folks some great deals on new and used guns. As well as comments on my blog. The site is nothing special and is not fastlane but it is a vehicle: The Authority on New & Used Guns For Sale

Woo who!:banana:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Anyone on this thread seen "Burn after Reading"?

(if you have, you'll understand why I posted this on this thread).

Not everyone likes the dark humor of the Coen Bros, but I do.

Casting is unbelievable in this film-- even the small parts are oscar worthy performances.

The Coens say that this completes their "George Clooney Idiot" trilogy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809931646/video/9469836

Too bad. I love him in these roles! :)

-Russ H.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Here's a cool site for you guys -- Dunno if you've used it yet, but it's the Ebay of guns --

www.gunbroker.com

- Hakrjak

Thanks for the link. Something I have put off to long, is a gun for my house. I don't live in the best of neighborhoods. (Although its coming around). Been a few years since Ive been to gun range, makes we want to go again.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Oh I want that Luger on the first page!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders