Well after months of being in the slowlane, I did something fastlane today, I bought my first domain!!!!
I got the .com and .net for it as well as my name.com and have a question:
I know it has been discussed ad-nauseum here, but all the "extras" that GoDaddy offers, do you need them if you're just buying the domain to build on it in the future?
It seems like there are a MILLION extras/upgrades and since it will probably be months before I put this idea into play, I just got the basic and hope that when the time comes I'll be able to upgrade and get the options I need when I build on it.
With that in mind, there are plenty of other ideas that I want to build an eBiz around and need to get the domains first, but happy to say that I broke the ice today!
Finally, until I have the site up, I would like to keep the domain/business idea to myself as I know and have read in MJ's story that imitation is NOT the best form of flattery b/c one person stealing the idea and running with it, ruins the plan and even if I have everything patented/licensed lawyers are not cheap.
I got the .com and .net for it as well as my name.com and have a question:
I know it has been discussed ad-nauseum here, but all the "extras" that GoDaddy offers, do you need them if you're just buying the domain to build on it in the future?
It seems like there are a MILLION extras/upgrades and since it will probably be months before I put this idea into play, I just got the basic and hope that when the time comes I'll be able to upgrade and get the options I need when I build on it.
With that in mind, there are plenty of other ideas that I want to build an eBiz around and need to get the domains first, but happy to say that I broke the ice today!
Finally, until I have the site up, I would like to keep the domain/business idea to myself as I know and have read in MJ's story that imitation is NOT the best form of flattery b/c one person stealing the idea and running with it, ruins the plan and even if I have everything patented/licensed lawyers are not cheap.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
