- Joined
- Jul 28, 2013
- Messages
- 1,278
Rep Bank
$2,355
$2,355
User Power: 171%
When I started business, I just got stuck in. I had a mentor for 3 years or so and learnt a lot from this highly polished CEO whom delivered quality services to virtually every big brand you've ever heard of.
Cool guy. And he had the right spirit.
The question remained though, did I?
I have no shame in admitting my flaws, and my overarching flaw was that I knew I had the potential to, but did not know if it deserved my HEART and soul.
I was sceptical you see...
Deeply sceptical, and not the kind of scepticism that just magically can be turned off or yelled out of you.
Every aggressive, volatile, piece of sh#t reaction people had, just made me more sceptical... But I hung in there.
I kept grinding on my businesses which I am sure will do well (am not concerned)
And eventually I have come to a final revelation that answers my scepticism.
Its not about me.
I was rummaging through my business, sorting out details, and my mind just drifted into some thoughts similar to "well the pricing structure is irrelevant so long as you found all expences off of fair trade of time" and "hmm, generally costs societally acrew because of mass shifts in cost, but personally acrew due to inept structuring, assistance in structure is a good way to bolster peoples finances". For whatever reason my mind could reach out and grab the spirit of what I was saying. I was saying that, its not MY FINANCES that are the REASON to do business.
It is to help others
Of course I was sceptical! I was sceptical of all the wannabe attitudes (and yes they are wannabe) that only focus on personal finance. Even my mentor showed off islands and helicopters and private jets etc... Which is a ludicrous misrepresentation of what business is of course (my guess is he wanted people to be like "oh how cool", but it just didn't help me the right way, which eventually pissed me off).
Here is the thing
We can effectively treat ourselves like slaves if we choose, we can survive on very little, and we can be ok with that... But can others?
In realising that money isn't about me, I finally know WHY it is worth my time and effort.
Cuz its about everyone.
Everyone I can help.
My personal finances, are a choice, that will take care of itself, as long as I am around to help others. But everyone still in the matrix, need my sensitivity, my skillful care, and so on to help them evade the boogey man that is cash at times.
Its not about me
And ironically, despite my misplaced scepticism in business, it only ever existed, BECAUSE I care about the true purpose of business, not this flaunted BS stuff. My appologies to guys that I wrapped in with flaunters, to anyone that truly gets biz.
And with this final revelation.
(takes a little bow)
I'm ready to unleash what I can do.
You all by your presence have helped me process what the problem was, and now its gone, I cannot express the relief it brings
I doubt my posting behaviours will be the same from here on out, so I dunno, I might be around but I can't tell you for sure. (I probably won't disappear cuz thats a bit of a user thing to do, so I'll chill around a while, see if I can give a little back to reproportion things)
Cheers for the support all

Cool guy. And he had the right spirit.
The question remained though, did I?
I have no shame in admitting my flaws, and my overarching flaw was that I knew I had the potential to, but did not know if it deserved my HEART and soul.
I was sceptical you see...
Deeply sceptical, and not the kind of scepticism that just magically can be turned off or yelled out of you.
Every aggressive, volatile, piece of sh#t reaction people had, just made me more sceptical... But I hung in there.
I kept grinding on my businesses which I am sure will do well (am not concerned)
And eventually I have come to a final revelation that answers my scepticism.
Its not about me.
I was rummaging through my business, sorting out details, and my mind just drifted into some thoughts similar to "well the pricing structure is irrelevant so long as you found all expences off of fair trade of time" and "hmm, generally costs societally acrew because of mass shifts in cost, but personally acrew due to inept structuring, assistance in structure is a good way to bolster peoples finances". For whatever reason my mind could reach out and grab the spirit of what I was saying. I was saying that, its not MY FINANCES that are the REASON to do business.
It is to help others
Of course I was sceptical! I was sceptical of all the wannabe attitudes (and yes they are wannabe) that only focus on personal finance. Even my mentor showed off islands and helicopters and private jets etc... Which is a ludicrous misrepresentation of what business is of course (my guess is he wanted people to be like "oh how cool", but it just didn't help me the right way, which eventually pissed me off).
Here is the thing
We can effectively treat ourselves like slaves if we choose, we can survive on very little, and we can be ok with that... But can others?
In realising that money isn't about me, I finally know WHY it is worth my time and effort.
Cuz its about everyone.
Everyone I can help.
My personal finances, are a choice, that will take care of itself, as long as I am around to help others. But everyone still in the matrix, need my sensitivity, my skillful care, and so on to help them evade the boogey man that is cash at times.
Its not about me
And ironically, despite my misplaced scepticism in business, it only ever existed, BECAUSE I care about the true purpose of business, not this flaunted BS stuff. My appologies to guys that I wrapped in with flaunters, to anyone that truly gets biz.
And with this final revelation.
(takes a little bow)
I'm ready to unleash what I can do.
You all by your presence have helped me process what the problem was, and now its gone, I cannot express the relief it brings
I doubt my posting behaviours will be the same from here on out, so I dunno, I might be around but I can't tell you for sure. (I probably won't disappear cuz thats a bit of a user thing to do, so I'll chill around a while, see if I can give a little back to reproportion things)
Cheers for the support all

Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
