The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My fifteen month business for 1 mill

Share your FTE moment...

BBarakti

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Yea, I gotta feeling it might have done ok, but if he would have made his mill... he would have immediately remembered to update this thread.. :)

I mean this thread was supposed to document the evolution to millionaire... who wouldn't update as they break different barriers?? As in.. " Hey guys! Today we broke $10k in sales for one month!!" etc.. etc... I don't know.. I would.. it seems only natural to want to brag a little bit... this is an online community where all of us have being "rich" as an explicit/ stated goal.... bragging that it's possible in 15 months is totally appropriate here..

saying all that, I really hope he did it... or came close.. I need a small "bump" of hope here... come on peeps... :)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
glad for the bumps, sad to report. I had to forgotten about this.

I learned a lot through these processes about myself and about business. I am not a millionaire yet, but I have a lot less hubris now.

Hear are the lessons learned on each project.

1. I realized when I got to the end of typing this reply that I had answered out of order. Pretty much the same lesson I learned for number 4.

2. in partnering, make sure you remain in control or you are just gambling. no matter how much you can trust someone, you can always trust yourself more. I am not talking about deceit in this case, but trust in the other person's capacity and vision. This is for me, you may be different.

3. I think I said it best in my last update. I did not research the market enough beforehand. To anxious just to chase the money.

4. The biggest lesson I have learned through all this came from this. Do what you enjoy! If you do not enjoy the journey, find something else. There are millions of ways to make your mark in this world, find one that is enjoyable to you. I still love this idea. Not sure what all I shared, but I had (i think I let expire now, not sure) thepresidentsnuts.com, thepresidentsnutsack.com and pretty much every variation of both phrases. It was going to be a dropshipping nut site that you voted on what president you wanted based on buying their nut or nutsack (for the howard stern fans). In non election years, sales could continue by 'voting' for the best president of all time. PR and viral potential were pretty high. But then I realized that though I think it would work and I think I could do it, I do not think I would enjoy doing it.

My apologies for leaving everyone hanging, not my intent.

At this point I am fully aware that if I focus and through myself full boar at somethng that I can and will achieve it. So now I am trying to figure out what it is I want that to be. Part of that process has been letting go and shutting down stuff. I tend to hold onto my ideas hoping that someday I will launch them, but all they do is clutter my mind. This is why every so often I throw out a random idea here. Not for you all, but just to unclutter my mind and force myself to stop thinking about it.

Right now, if I am doing something and for multiple months the negatives outweigh the positives I move on. I talking about my personal reactions to it, not the challenges. If I cannot enjoy something, then I move on because I know I will not have the necessary discipline to stick to it when the challenges do hit. This I think has been the greatest lesson I have learned.

Every so often I see people on here clearly chasing the money and I hope for them that it does not take them as long to wake up as it took me.

Every so often I see people just completely ignoring advice given from people who know what they are talking about, and I hope for them that they wake up sooner than I did.

Overall, I know what I enjoy doing the most, but I have not yet figured out how to monetize it. If I do, that will be great. if not, then I will get to do it once I reach the freedom point in this journey. Either way, life is good and I will enjoy the ride no matter what.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.