The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Favorite Parable: ' We'll See ' !!

Anything related to matters of the mind

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm sure many of you have stumbled through this or upon this little parable.

Over the last decade or so (the more I live the more I abide by this) - this has become my main mantra and wisdom I try to bestow upon anyone that comes across my path.

I use this towards my daily actions. Towards the naysayers. Towards a lot of my plans and visions, present, past and future. This applies to 'good' and 'bad' events and everything in between. In many ways its been my mantra for life for quite a while now.

The more years I spend on earth, the more evident the truth of this story comes to bear fruit.

Anyhow, the recollection of this is always important and I'd like to highlight this here as it applies even MORE so towards entrepreneurship and building the life you want.

'There lived an old farmer who had worked in his fields for many, many years. One day, his horse bolted away. His neighbors dropped in to commiserate with him. “What awful luck,” they tut-tutted sympathetically, to which the farmer only replied, “We’ll see.”

Next morning, to everyone’s surprise, the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How amazing is that!” they exclaimed in excitement. The old man replied, “We’ll see.”

A day later, the farmer’s son tried to mount one of the wild horses. He was thrown on the ground and broke his leg. Once more, the neighbors came by to express their sympathies for this stroke of bad luck. “We’ll see,” said the farmer politely.

The next day, the village had some visitors – military officers who had come with the purpose of drafting young men into the army. They passed over the farmer’s son, thanks to his broken leg. The neighbors patted the farmer on his back – how lucky he was to not have his son join the army! “We’ll see,” was all that the farmer said!'

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I'm sure many of you have stumbled through this or upon this little parable.

Over the last decade or so (the more I live the more I abide by this) - this has become my main mantra and wisdom I try to bestow upon anyone that comes across my path.

I use this towards my daily actions. Towards the naysayers. Towards a lot of my plans and visions, present, past and future. This applies to 'good' and 'bad' events and everything in between. In many ways its been my mantra for life for quite a while now.

The more years I spend on earth, the more evident the truth of this story comes to bear fruit.

Anyhow, the recollection of this is always important and I'd like to highlight this here as it applies even MORE so towards entrepreneurship and building the life you want.

'There lived an old farmer who had worked in his fields for many, many years. One day, his horse bolted away. His neighbors dropped in to commiserate with him. “What awful luck,” they tut-tutted sympathetically, to which the farmer only replied, “We’ll see.”

Next morning, to everyone’s surprise, the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How amazing is that!” they exclaimed in excitement. The old man replied, “We’ll see.”

A day later, the farmer’s son tried to mount one of the wild horses. He was thrown on the ground and broke his leg. Once more, the neighbors came by to express their sympathies for this stroke of bad luck. “We’ll see,” said the farmer politely.

The next day, the village had some visitors – military officers who had come with the purpose of drafting young men into the army. They passed over the farmer’s son, thanks to his broken leg. The neighbors patted the farmer on his back – how lucky he was to not have his son join the army! “We’ll see,” was all that the farmer said!'
I've heard this quote before but didn't really quite understand it. Does this mean that in life, there is no such thing as a bad or a good thing? Does this mean that every positive experience can be a negative experience and vice versa?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.