- Joined
- Jan 20, 2019
- Messages
- 34
Rep Bank
$430
$430
User Power: 150%
Hi all,
I currently am running a business in the video game accessories industry, generally speaking.
Started about 2 years ago, and finally am seeing the light out of this “desert of desertion” as I announced pre-orders for my main product will be available soon.
Did tons of Beta development, and spent thousands of $$$, as well as invested hundreds of hours. It was very taxing both mentally and physically, words can’t describe it. A lot of anger and frustration. It’s hard to solve problems no one has ever solved to this extent.
In school there’s usually a right answer and someone to help me get there. In my business it feels more like I was dropped in the Hunger Games and I’m just trying my best to figure things out on the fly. I try my best to plan, but no amount of planning would have been able to predict the problems that I’ve encountered.
Of course, I confirmed a lot of interest beforehand, but I hope the interest actually ends up translating to the amount of sales anticipated. Note that I’ve sold a ton of the Beta version already, so I’m not doing a blind gamble or anything.
Well anyway this thread will document my business’ progress. I have no idea if I’ll be able to take this to the millions, but that is the financial goal (tbh my goal is moreso non-financial, but without sales that won’t mean much haha).
All I have is my daily process. I check off these little to-do items one after another, like little steps up Mount Everest, aiming for the summit. I’ve already checked off hundreds of steps, and no doubt there’s many more hundred to go.
I believe in The Fastlane and Unscripted method. The real question is, can I execute? A bad idea executed well >>> a genius idea executed like garbage.
5-10 years from now I hope I can one day look back on this first post with fondness. I’ll update this post whenever significant progress has been made — it won’t be too often (once every few weeks to months). I hope you’ll come along for the ride.
I currently am running a business in the video game accessories industry, generally speaking.
Started about 2 years ago, and finally am seeing the light out of this “desert of desertion” as I announced pre-orders for my main product will be available soon.
Did tons of Beta development, and spent thousands of $$$, as well as invested hundreds of hours. It was very taxing both mentally and physically, words can’t describe it. A lot of anger and frustration. It’s hard to solve problems no one has ever solved to this extent.
In school there’s usually a right answer and someone to help me get there. In my business it feels more like I was dropped in the Hunger Games and I’m just trying my best to figure things out on the fly. I try my best to plan, but no amount of planning would have been able to predict the problems that I’ve encountered.
Of course, I confirmed a lot of interest beforehand, but I hope the interest actually ends up translating to the amount of sales anticipated. Note that I’ve sold a ton of the Beta version already, so I’m not doing a blind gamble or anything.
Well anyway this thread will document my business’ progress. I have no idea if I’ll be able to take this to the millions, but that is the financial goal (tbh my goal is moreso non-financial, but without sales that won’t mean much haha).
All I have is my daily process. I check off these little to-do items one after another, like little steps up Mount Everest, aiming for the summit. I’ve already checked off hundreds of steps, and no doubt there’s many more hundred to go.
I believe in The Fastlane and Unscripted method. The real question is, can I execute? A bad idea executed well >>> a genius idea executed like garbage.
5-10 years from now I hope I can one day look back on this first post with fondness. I’ll update this post whenever significant progress has been made — it won’t be too often (once every few weeks to months). I hope you’ll come along for the ride.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
