- Joined
- Aug 20, 2023
- Messages
- 311
Rep Bank
$1,896
$1,896
User Power: 212%
So… Shopify sucks.
Had trouble getting their stuff to load on my phone or iPad. Then it kept glitching out further. Then found out their lackluster themes cost money.
Switched to WIX. I don’t think it’s going to be my long term solution but it’s the fastest way to get it up and running good enough to start.
I’ll take speed and income over perfection.
What I will be selling is part product and part service.
The product part is now designed fully and I’m deciding between two places to produce it. Pretty sure I know which one I’ll be picking. Again, long term I have a different idea and want to produce it “in house” but for now this will do.
Product: Designed
Manufacturer: Pretty much decided on.
URL: Purchased
Website Host: Wix. Site will be live by Saturday.
I have to register the LLC, get a dedicated business number, and test the payment processor to make sure it works.
Also need to get my email service up and running. Switching from GoDaddy to Google because godaddy sucks in every way possible.
Also had AI write up some “terms of service” that I need to have a lawyer check over.
Would print up some door tags but that cost money. Instead I’m going to simply leave post it notes that says “sorry I missed you. (My name), xxx-xxx-xxxx”
I’m hoping pure curiosity will get homeowners to call me back.
Also have a buddy who’s going to shadow me and see if he wants to do this. He might end up being my first sales rep!
Had trouble getting their stuff to load on my phone or iPad. Then it kept glitching out further. Then found out their lackluster themes cost money.
Switched to WIX. I don’t think it’s going to be my long term solution but it’s the fastest way to get it up and running good enough to start.
I’ll take speed and income over perfection.
What I will be selling is part product and part service.
The product part is now designed fully and I’m deciding between two places to produce it. Pretty sure I know which one I’ll be picking. Again, long term I have a different idea and want to produce it “in house” but for now this will do.
Product: Designed
Manufacturer: Pretty much decided on.
URL: Purchased
Website Host: Wix. Site will be live by Saturday.
I have to register the LLC, get a dedicated business number, and test the payment processor to make sure it works.
Also need to get my email service up and running. Switching from GoDaddy to Google because godaddy sucks in every way possible.
Also had AI write up some “terms of service” that I need to have a lawyer check over.
Would print up some door tags but that cost money. Instead I’m going to simply leave post it notes that says “sorry I missed you. (My name), xxx-xxx-xxxx”
I’m hoping pure curiosity will get homeowners to call me back.
Also have a buddy who’s going to shadow me and see if he wants to do this. He might end up being my first sales rep!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
