It's been one year since I read The Millionaire Fastlane and nothing has changed. I am in the same predicament of the slowlane path, college, degree, desk job... I've been lurking around these forums everyday and absorbing as much information as I can from successful people and failures alike, as to know what TO do, and what NOT to do.
I am currently 17 years old and still in high school (graduating next year). I know that I will get my diploma no doubt but I am truly beginning to freak out about my future for a lack of better words. I have the grades to get into an average decent college but I would much rather attend a community college and transfer over to a four-year university. Yes I know college is a government sponsored scam but I have no income so what choice do I really have at this point. At this point I truly do not know whether or not my mom will support me anymore as she's showing a lot of bipolar symptoms like dramatic mood swings. I'm scared she'll kick me to the curb after I'm 18 if I do the slightest thing to piss her off. Obviously, this is not a good situation to be in when one person can have so much control over your life...
She's mentioned before that she would pay for my entire college tuition but it really weighs on my conscious when I know that 100k+ is going down the shit drain. It's scary at this age realizing you have no true assets of your own. My mom owns the house I live in, the car I drive, and the clothes I wear while I have no property or money. So I've saved up $900 and I can get about 1k more from selling things on craigslist.
Should I just play along with my mom and pretend to pursue a college path while working on a fastlane business on the side? If I do this way I figure I'll have another 4 years of free living. Yet with this path I would have to deal with the toxic influence of the slowlane mentality...
Or should I get a job and attend community college, and try to get my own place? Which honestly scares the F*ck out of me..
I know that theses forums can't make such big life decisions for me but I'm in a place where I just want some glimpse of guidance and advice. If you can offer your opinion to a kid who might have made you recall the struggles you also went through at a young age, I would very much appreciate it.
Granted, a large part of the reason I haven't tried to start any business is mostly from my OCD (I don't create anything unless it's perfect), but I also believe that I don't have to fail to succeed, I don't believe that I need to make mistakes when I can learn just fine from other people's mistakes.
I am currently 17 years old and still in high school (graduating next year). I know that I will get my diploma no doubt but I am truly beginning to freak out about my future for a lack of better words. I have the grades to get into an average decent college but I would much rather attend a community college and transfer over to a four-year university. Yes I know college is a government sponsored scam but I have no income so what choice do I really have at this point. At this point I truly do not know whether or not my mom will support me anymore as she's showing a lot of bipolar symptoms like dramatic mood swings. I'm scared she'll kick me to the curb after I'm 18 if I do the slightest thing to piss her off. Obviously, this is not a good situation to be in when one person can have so much control over your life...
She's mentioned before that she would pay for my entire college tuition but it really weighs on my conscious when I know that 100k+ is going down the shit drain. It's scary at this age realizing you have no true assets of your own. My mom owns the house I live in, the car I drive, and the clothes I wear while I have no property or money. So I've saved up $900 and I can get about 1k more from selling things on craigslist.
Should I just play along with my mom and pretend to pursue a college path while working on a fastlane business on the side? If I do this way I figure I'll have another 4 years of free living. Yet with this path I would have to deal with the toxic influence of the slowlane mentality...
Or should I get a job and attend community college, and try to get my own place? Which honestly scares the F*ck out of me..
I know that theses forums can't make such big life decisions for me but I'm in a place where I just want some glimpse of guidance and advice. If you can offer your opinion to a kid who might have made you recall the struggles you also went through at a young age, I would very much appreciate it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
