The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My country is about to go bankrupt

Kas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 3, 2020
Sri Lanka
hey @Kas nice to meet you . i am a tamil with ties to both nations... such a shame to hear what is going on. What an utter shittshow. The once paradise of sri lanka has now been reduced to a decrepit and dire situation... It seems like the same clowns are running (ruining) the nation like any other third world country... I am glad that the youth stormed the ¨ancestral¨ home.... time to fight back from all the rubbish and nonsense. I anticipate that it gets better for you and you are able to leave or get out (as you have been on FLF you have witnessed a different mindset). Perhaps look at one of the myriad of digital nomad visas. Indonesia has one now cambodia has a good one... These are going to be better places for you than where you are at. I cannot send money to people in jaffna... it is a complete hell for them up there now.... I will say one thing though. Dont Hope. Just act. take massive action and be grateful you have your life and your health and tread on forward.

peace bro.
Hey, @Marzook nice to meet you too. Just catching up on all the messages here. Yes, it's a true shitshow here but I'm personally fine so far. Digital nomad visas are something I'm looking up. Super sorry to hear about your friends/family in Jaffna. They've suffered way too long and too much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 3, 2020
Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka strikes me as a beautiful place; the natural features, flora fauna and minerals are fascinating. Also the culture, with similarities to SE Asia and India, yet unique. Would love to visit some day when things are stable. Hope everything goes alright during this political transition, if that's what it is. Good luck :)
Thank you @Rabby. Yes do visit when these things are over (it may take a while though).

Kas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 3, 2020
Sri Lanka
Men with guns back up the dollar still. Still the world's safest fiat currency. Still up relative to 3rd world currencies.

In the world of currencies, relative value is all that matters. On a world stage.

Not saying it's good to store wealth in the fiat as an american. Just saying, you'll still have the dollar go farther in most 3rd world countries. Still. After all that printing. Because no one is gonna invade the United States anytime soon, even after the wars, after all that printing, what will matter is that most people worth their salt are gonna try their a$$ out to get to the US. The relative economic product of the US is still pretty stable. No threat of invasion or imminent collapse.

I hope it gets better for you OP. If I was you, I won't hold on to crypto for long. Its good for moving money but look for some hard assets that generate some value to others if you can. They prove to be better long term for yourself and others. But I am no expert, talk to a financial advisor :)
@DarkKnight thanks for the reply. Yes, crypto is risky even more than before for sure. I'm defo talking to someone who can advise on this :)

Kas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 3, 2020
Sri Lanka
Hello everyone I just caught up on the thread. I replied to everyone who had something for me specifically. I'm doing fine although the country is in a pretty rough stage.

The protestors nearly took over parliament last night before things de-escalated. There's a curfew in place in Colombo atm. Not sure what else is going on since I blocked my socials (to get some work done) + no TV where I live (by choice)

Appreciate all of you and love this discussion. Thank you so much.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
They've suffered way too long and too much.
respect bro. hope we can meet at an event in the future. I will be traveling next year maybe to bali with other friends from this forum and others as well. Would like to hit up malaysia and singapore again (its been over 20 years since i was last there.

Kas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 3, 2020
Sri Lanka
respect bro. hope we can meet at an event in the future. I will be traveling next year maybe to bali with other friends from this forum and others as well. Would like to hit up malaysia and singapore again (its been over 20 years since i was last there.
@Haji Mastan I hope so too! Fingers crossed!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.