The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My business so far

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Hey there,

I am new here and I am about 50 pages out from finishing TMF , but it has had a profound effect on my whole perspective on what I want out of life. I'd say I have been slowly discovering the Fastlane ideology for the past couple of years on my own, so having this amazing source of concentrated awesomeness come into my life at this point couldn't be any more perfect.

Anyways, I really want to be more involved with the forum because if there is one thing I have learned so far it is that the people in your life multiply your character by whatever theirs is - and I want to multiply myself in fastlane character. The last thing I will say on this is that I really do feel like the biggest thing missing for me in my experience so far has been mentorship. It has made it seriously challenging to struggle through some of this stuff where the biggest problem is not knowing what I don't know.

So, here I am

My name is Ian, and for the past 2 years or so I have been trying to figure out how to not be a loser in life. I became very interested in the online space, because I immediately recognized what MJ describes the internet as in his 3 I's in the book. I started out with niche sites, and made almost $40 in 2 years with adSense! I was lucky to get a job doing marketing for a local manufacturer, and I got to get into doing all of the stuff I really love to do now - like building websites, design, AdobeCS, and just learning everything I can about business and marketing (special shout out to lynda.com here!!! Learned 90% of what I know about all of this for like $25/month!!!!!!!)

I also quickly started learning about how to run a company.... into the ground. As crappy as my job is, if there is one thing it has driven home it is that it made me realize, "This idiot has been making GREAT money for 30 years doing this! and I work for him!"

That being said, I decided that 2014 was the year I make it happen or die trying. I started just DOING it, every day. I was making some stuff for myself - mens grooming stuff - and it is some great stuff, so I thought to myself "here it is dude, go for it". I have worked for manufacturers and distributors, so the process was something I was pretty familiar with. I just started with my end goals for a launch, and reverse engineered a todo list of each step i needed to check off to launch my business.

I started working through the list step by step, every day. I hit a point pretty quickly where my own momentum started to keep me moving forward. Of course, as a beginner with no experience I ran into tons of stuff that I had no clue about. The great thing about actually doing stuff is that you can go to other people and ask "hey there [favorite expert in this area] can you tell me how X works with Y?" and you get a response.

This of course is in contrast to the classic "hey there [favorite expert in this area] i am thinking about doing something, is this a real question?"

So I started to develop some relationships with people that I would have never thought would even talk to me - which has been really rewarding.

I worked through my list, and it was absolutely as TMF describes the Fastlane education. Learn as you go, and go like hell!

So I launched in about 3 months, and things have been great so far. I have done about $600 in sales, and the niche is actually pretty competitive because of low barriers to entry and the fact that it is suddenly pretty trendy.

I am now moving into trying to scale my business, which is pretty new to me. I am really interested in learning PPC, but I am also trying to build out a really good SM framework because the H&B niche is pretty heavy on SM. I am also looking at building out my product line to differentiate my brand from others in the space.

So more learning!!

I got my hands on TMF about 3 weeks ago, and it has been an eye opener. I am now re-evaluating my current business, and trying to make it Fastlane - but I am still not sure how the best way will be.

Fastlane or not, I would love to replace my own income and just work this business and build another pure fastlane business if this can't become a real fastlane for me.

I have 2 young kids, a wife, and bills, so all of this has been a bit different for me. I will take a slower process over no process.

So that is about it for me. Sorry, I am not comfortable sharing my business right here on the thread - but only because I don't want to create the impression for my customers that this brand is anything but genuine. I was fortunate to understand MJ's concept of S.U.C.S. customer service before reading the book, and I have put that model to work for my brand. I have differentiated my brand with this model in a crowded market.

I am eyeing that INSIDERS membership, and I think it will be one of the first "rewards" I give myself for hitting goals in my business. The Millionaire Fastlane has changed my life, and if MJ DeMarco reads this, THANK YOU FOR GIVING THIS TO THE WORLD.

I hope this is useful to the forum, and I am happy to answer any questions!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Hey, I should add that most of my business is via eCommerce. I run a wordpress site using wooCommerce and paypal.

I have bootstrapped this whole business, and did all of the work myself.

smcepeda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 9, 2014
Switzerland
Great story pickeringmt! Your first $600 must have been a great stepping stone. That already demonstrates you can do it. Keep going and don't loose focus :)

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Great story pickeringmt! Your first $600 must have been a great stepping stone. That already demonstrates you can do it. Keep going and don't loose focus :)
Hey thanks man, your comment couldn't have come at a better moment. I am literally hitting send on a facebook message to a barber shop about selling my products in their store.

Some cool stuff is starting to take shape, and I plan to share more soon.

I think I may be reaching the other side of "the desert of desertion" ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.