The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Business Idea Generate $1500-2000 Month Help Needed

Idea threads

John Florida

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2019
Hey so I have someone else who has success doing this and am trying to do the same so I can travel and have an income coming in. My idea is to provide an essay writing service so basically students can pay to have an essay done like the other sites I see. I want to have people overseas write them. I would charge $20 per page and then have someone write it for $5-7USD. I can do the marketing which would involved college campuses, business cards, going hanging flyers etc. I need a disclosure saying the essay is for research purposes only. What else would I need to know about this business if I want to get started? I can hire off craigslist by placing ads but does anyone have an experience?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
That's the worst idea ever. If students are too lazy for their homework, then let them be lazy. Would you want your children buying essays? Would you want this type of person to be your boss? Trust me when I say you do not want to be the one picking up slack for an unqualified boss. It can lead to legal trouble and other unpleasantness.

AlexVilch

MVP Development || StartupServices.ca
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 23, 2018
Toronto
The main problem is that the quality that you get hiring someone for 5-7$ per page is not going to be great. Students will complain and ask for refunds and you will lose money.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
The main problem is that the quality that you get hiring someone for 5-7$ per page is not going to be great. Students will complain and ask for refunds and you will lose money.
Although ethically I disagree with the business model, you can most certainly find someone that writes quality at $5-7 per page. 12 point, Times New Roman, double spaced, 1-inch margins which were about the standard for most of my undergrad papers comes out to about 250-350 words per page.

At $10/1000 words you're getting a non-native English speaker.
$20/1000 words OP could find a newer writer trying to freelance.
Between $20 and $50 in my experience is about having a proven track record.
$50-100 is about expertise.
$100-infinity is about networking.

And tbh, any student who's buying a paper isn't looking for an A+ anyway.

Last edited:

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I can do the marketing which would involved college campuses

I guarantee that any credible college/university would never approve this sort of business to be advertised there. (I currently live on a college campus)

Your target market for this business would be students that cheat and lie on the regular. Not a great person to do business with, mate..

My advice is to toss this one aside. And forget about it. Forever and ever.

Best of luck,
Andy

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
That's the worst idea ever. If students are too lazy for their homework, then let them be lazy. Would you want your children buying essays? Would you want this type of person to be your boss? Trust me when I say you do not want to be the one picking up slack for an unqualified boss. It can lead to legal trouble and other unpleasantness.
Maybe writing technical articles and copy would be a better service...

Especially technical.

One of my most interesting jobs was polishing up an article on the dangers of not sending your heater in for repairs or maintenance. Had to google up a few things like the Fire Code and things like lubricant types lol.

I do remember reading an article by Readers' Digest on a ghostwriter who did this trade.

The steps to help folks write essays is simple, really.

1. Arrange your paragraphs in Argument---> explanation ---> conclusion

2. Add some stock phrases to bridge your writing

'Given that X happened, this led to Y...'

'Mr F concurred that...'

'...this was unexpected, given that Z...'

...you get it.

3. Use Google Scholar for research. Even if you can't access to pay-for-entry databses, that universities usually open up for free to students, you can try clicking on 'Other Versions' or 'Similar articles' below the search listing, and find a free pdf.

Cal Newport has more to say on this in his books, though.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey so I have someone else who has success doing this and am trying to do the same so I can travel and have an income coming in. My idea is to provide an essay writing service so basically students can pay to have an essay done like the other sites I see. I want to have people overseas write them. I would charge $20 per page and then have someone write it for $5-7USD. I can do the marketing which would involved college campuses, business cards, going hanging flyers etc. I need a disclosure saying the essay is for research purposes only. What else would I need to know about this business if I want to get started? I can hire off craigslist by placing ads but does anyone have an experience?

Thanks

My first thought, wow you are lazy as f8ck. If I you want to travel, why don't you just write the essays yourself? Why outsource it. Instead, Market as USA based, XX year old college grad who will write essays for you for $35/page. Why 3-5 pages a day, make money and travel.

Why outsource it to get $14/page and have no quality control?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
guarantee that any credible college/university would never approve this sort of business to be advertised there. (I currently live on a college campus)

Yeh but this would be the easiest facebook ad in the world

Lazy college guy scrolling facebook instead of soing his essay then interrupted by OP's ad

"Need an essay written fast?! , top quality quick turnaround , click here!"

The copy writes itself (although I imagine facebook would eventually shut it down? , best to keep an email list and mayne offer a cut for referrals to keep money flowing)

Its not fastlane but I can see 2k a month for some 3rd world bohemian living.

Obviously its unethical (not a grey area , just unethical) but OP didn't post here to get a lecture on morales he posted to have his idea critiqued. Its definitely not on the level of smuggling weapons.

AlexVilch

MVP Development || StartupServices.ca
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 23, 2018
Toronto
Not going to bash the OP with ethical and moral consequences of his ideas. Just saying what I would do if I were to do it.

What I would do - facebook / Instagram ads that lead to a click funnel landing page with good copy. Write answers on websites such as Yahoo Answers, Quora, Reddit and promote your service. There are thousands of people asking questions about "essay writers online"

There are also affiliate comparison websites that come up when googling "best essay writing service" you might want to contact them and offer a better % commission on referrals.

Edit: Apparently people mistook suggestions for directions. Everyone has their own moral norms and definitions of what is within boundaries and what crosses them

Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Not going to bash the OP with ethical and moral consequences of his ideas. Just saying what I would do if I were to do it.

What I would do - facebook / Instagram ads that lead to a click funnel landing page with good copy, reviews, pictures of some writers with *ivy college* education that you can find on upwork. Find your top competitors and write reviews on reddit and everywhere else saying - I used "competitor name" for political science essay but found that essay writers at "your company" are generally better. Write answers on websites such as Yahoo Answers, Quora, Reddit and promote your service. There are thousands of people asking questions about "essay writers online"

There are also affiliate comparison websites that come up when googling "best essay writing service" you might want to contact them and offer a better % commission on referrals.

Ah, create lying fake reviews. Good plan.

You're exactly what's wrong with the world today. Scammer.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
What I would do - facebook / Instagram ads that lead to a click funnel landing page with good copy, reviews, pictures of some writers with *ivy college* education that you can find on upwork. Find your top competitors and write reviews on reddit and everywhere else saying - I used "competitor name" for political science essay but found that essay writers at "your company" are generally better. Write answers on websites such as Yahoo Answers, Quora, Reddit and promote your service. There are thousands of people asking questions about "essay writers online"

So your go-to method is scamming people with fake reviews? Jeez dude.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
There ware news articles recently about people who
"rigged test scores or paid bribes to cheat the admissions process at prestigious universities."
and they are on their way to court right now.

Is prison your end game? Or maybe you just like an adrenaline rush?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
People can buy entire degrees at a decent price (at least here where I live), why bother for a single essay?

You can just get good at writing and make way more money in a less...exotic way, but you will have to do the work yourself, surely if you want to travel so much you can put some effort into what's going to help you travel.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Proffesors can usually tell when a student turns in work made by someone else.

Everybody has their own writing style. Even though proffesors have hundreds of students they can tell right away just from experience alone.

How about instead of writing the entire essay you give them a quick study guide that you researched. Bullet points, main topics and conclusion.

Send it formatted and let them fill in the blanks while letting them write it in their own voice. You'll be a tutor for them with templates they can fill in.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Other possibilities:

1. Instead of writing the papers, maybe offer to edit or proofread (grad students, and many professionals, regularly write long proposals for grants, research papers, publications, and so on).
2. Maybe start a resume and LinkedIn combo service for college students? I thought of the idea myself but it would bore me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.