I just finished the book. Very eye-opening. And true when I think about it. To summarize it to people I pretty much tell them that the sidewalk is for money-wasters who want to be rich, including those with high incomes; the slow lane is money savers; and the fast lane is a business owner who will retire within 5 years.
Over the past few years I've been buying rental properties. I have 8 which should cashflow around $300 each, but due to all the tenant problems and city taxes, etc., I barely break even. I'd need to buy about 30 to be able to quit my job. The original plan was 15. I have 8.
This book made me realize that the smartphone app I thought of 5 years ago still doesn't exist (on a mass scale, if at all) and that it isn't my idea that's worth a $million, it's the implementation. At this point I bought 3 app books. I'm going to read those then either learn to code or find someone to hire/partner with. I trust myself the most.
Over the past few years I've been buying rental properties. I have 8 which should cashflow around $300 each, but due to all the tenant problems and city taxes, etc., I barely break even. I'd need to buy about 30 to be able to quit my job. The original plan was 15. I have 8.
This book made me realize that the smartphone app I thought of 5 years ago still doesn't exist (on a mass scale, if at all) and that it isn't my idea that's worth a $million, it's the implementation. At this point I bought 3 app books. I'm going to read those then either learn to code or find someone to hire/partner with. I trust myself the most.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
