The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My alterego is blocking me...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Hi everyone,

Ive read TMF and Unscripted ( long time ago ). I am saying long time ago, because in theory I know that the time difference between finished reading and now is enough to make something good.

I can summarize this time and say that too much time I spend reading books, forum or some indiehackers etc. Waiting for some miracle :)
So I decided, I will start from making developing wordpress plugin.
In theory it is a good idea, because WP is about 30% if internet, huge market, huge needs etc.
I made a decision to create a plugin for a problem which is already known and there are some solutions for it, but I knew that I can make another solution which can be better for some part of users.
I had also HUGE problems in my head to do it, because of course my head was telling me, things like "there is a competition already there" bla bla bla. So decision to make something that already exists but in improved way was to break those fellings mostly.

Situation now is that I am almost done, really almost done. I could finish it few weeks earlier without any problems. But for some reason, I am blocking my self and I am starting to HATE IT.
I want to move on, I have stable job now which I dont need to quit, so situation is perfect but still..

Did any of you guys encountered those issues ? dealt with them ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Start with giving value to one person.
You mean for example I could reach one blogger and propose him my plugin ( even for free ) ? Just to move on, see his feedback etc.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
You mean for example I could reach one blogger and propose him my plugin ( even for free ) ? Just to move on, see his feedback etc.
That could be a start.

The point is to reframe:
selling and taking -> giving and receiving

If I gave $10 to you and told you to hand that to someone, you could probably do that easily.
Think of your plugin as creating that kind of value for others.

If you start with one person, who you genuinely think will benefit from it, you can see that value for yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
That could be a start.
Think of your plugin as creating that kind of value for others.

Yes this in theory I have in my mind :) Not focus "I WANT MONEY" "I WANT MY BUSINESS" but rather "I want to improve his live" :)

I like your idea I will try, first of adding value to one person, to move on, break mental blockers.
thanks

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Ok Ive did first step and I wrote to one blogger my proposal :)
I feed some relief now.
Little steps..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.