The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My 2000th Post on TheFastlaneForum

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I joined TheFastlaneForum on May 29, 2012 - over six years ago. Holy shit! I wanted to take some time to reflect and set goals for my 2000th post here.

I also wanted to thank MJ for writing his first book, and at the end of the book inviting me to join his forum. I didn't know then that the forum existed before the book - and honestly - it was the forum's meetups that changed my life more than anything.

I wanted to tell you, and the new members here, that I struggled for years after reading MJ's book and joining the forum (as evidenced by my early posts here...). By no means has my journey been quick or easy, but it's been very rewarding and I would do it all over again in a second.

Moving to Scottsdale with @TheTruth changed my life, so much for the better. I miss those days of hanging out by the pool, and taking MJ's money at his home poker table (OK that only happened once, because MJ or Bio would usually take home most of the winnings!).

Before TMF , I was surrounded by old friends who were typical slowlaners. That's cool, but I also realized I needed to surround myself with a new group. Since the first B&P I attended, with a harsh push from Biophase (LOL), I met some amazing new people who would become my new circle of friends. There is not three or four days that go by that I don't talk to someone from that first meetup.

Since then I also have attended numerous other business groups and networking events - which I won't mention here out of respect for the forum. However, one or two of these meetups have also changed my life and have given me more interesting, new friends than I can count.

I'm not going to go over the journey of my last 6 years, because you can read it all on here if you want. There's more user generated content on this forum than 200 entrepreneur business books.

I've had some amazing highs and some rough lows since my entrepreneurial journey - and that's what it's about. I've traveled the world, sold two e-commerce businesses, made a lot of money, lost a little bit of money, made hundreds of amazing friends, a few enemies, and even fell down the rabbit hole of trusting the wrong mentor.

For my 2000th post, here are my goals and promises to YOU and the FORUM:

Continuing to provide value to increase my rep bank beyond six figures.

Keep my post to likes ration at least 4x - which means I need listen more and post less. When I post, I will make sure what I write will help someone.

Visit the forum and INSIDERS at least twice a week, even when I'm busy.

Continue to push my comfort limit as an entrepreneur and in my business.

Continue to share my entrepreneurial journey - wherever it takes me: the highs and the lows, the successes and the failures

I will try harder and put more effort into reaching out to you guys and my friends, personally for phone conversations. There are some of you I haven't talked to in a while. PM me or better yet, whatsapp me/text me and we'll hop on a call.

Lastly, I wanted to thank MJ for creating this community and his books, and I wanted to thank my friends here for being F*cking awesome, I wanted to thank YOU for reading and contributing here.

My challenge you those of you who just joined the forum and are starting your entrepreneurial journey: don't quit! Stick around. Look at all of the legendary members and see who's been here the longest. Look at the regulars, who may not be legendary, but who are in fact millionaires and multi-millionaires. Doing what we do takes years of hard work, and often times failure. Entrepreneurship is a marathon, not a sprint. Meet me at the finish line, will ya?

-Jay

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Truly inspiring. Looking forward to your next 2000 posts.

Rep++++

All the best Jay

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Congrats and many thanks for your other Golden Nuggets thread. I have applied many of your suggested tips, namely in the networking area, and I'm happy with the results.

Comfort limits? If I may ask, what comfort limits do you currently have that you need to beat? Type of industry? Personal mindset? Capital sources and your typical selling style?

What do you roughly need in order to beat them?

a few enemies
Enemies? First time in a long while that I hear of that occurring in business!

Can they be more serious than the regular haters? How do you handle them, if you still happen to have any? I've read as much of your posts as I could, and besides the mentor part, I didn't find many incidents that would create enemies for you.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I joined TheFastlaneForum on May 29, 2012 - over six years ago. Holy sh*t! I wanted to take some time to reflect and set goals for my 2000th post here.

I also wanted to thank MJ for writing his first book, and at the end of the book inviting me to join his forum. I didn't know then that the forum existed before the book - and honestly - it was the forum's meetups that changed my life more than anything.

I wanted to tell you, and the new members here, that I struggled for years after reading MJ's book and joining the forum (as evidenced by my early posts here...). By no means has my journey been quick or easy, but it's been very rewarding and I would do it all over again in a second.

Moving to Scottsdale with @TheTruth changed my life, so much for the better. I miss those days of hanging out by the pool, and taking MJ's money at his home poker table (OK that only happened once, because MJ or Bio would usually take home most of the winnings!).

Before TMF , I was surrounded by old friends who were typical slowlaners. That's cool, but I also realized I needed to surround myself with a new group. Since the first B&P I attended, with a harsh push from Biophase (LOL), I met some amazing new people who would become my new circle of friends. There is not three or four days that go by that I don't talk to someone from that first meetup.

Since then I also have attended numerous other business groups and networking events - which I won't mention here out of respect for the forum. However, one or two of these meetups have also changed my life and have given me more interesting, new friends than I can count.

I'm not going to go over the journey of my last 6 years, because you can read it all on here if you want. There's more user generated content on this forum than 200 entrepreneur business books.

I've had some amazing highs and some rough lows since my entrepreneurial journey - and that's what it's about. I've traveled the world, sold two e-commerce businesses, made a lot of money, lost a little bit of money, made hundreds of amazing friends, a few enemies, and even fell down the rabbit hole of trusting the wrong mentor.

For my 2000th post, here are my goals and promises to YOU and the FORUM:

Continuing to provide value to increase my rep bank beyond six figures.

Keep my post to likes ration at least 4x - which means I need listen more and post less. When I post, I will make sure what I write will help someone.

Visit the forum and INSIDERS at least twice a week, even when I'm busy.

Continue to share my entrepreneurial journey - wherever it takes me: the highs and the lows, the successes and the failures

I will try harder and put more effort into reaching out to you guys and my friends, personally for phone conversations. There are some of you I haven't talked to in a while. PM me or better yet, whatsapp me/text me and we'll hop on a call.

Lastly, I wanted to thank MJ for creating this community and his books, and I wanted to thank my friends here for being f*cking awesome, I wanted to thank YOU for reading and contributing here.

My challenge you those of you who just joined the forum and are starting your entrepreneurial journey: don't quit! Stick around. Look at all of the legendary members and see who's been here the longest. Look at the regulars, who may not be legendary, but who are in fact millionaires and multi-millionaires. Doing what we do takes years of hard work, and often times failure. Entrepreneurship is a marathon, not a sprint. Meet me at the finish line, will ya?

-Jay

I mentioned this in Bali, and just want to say it again:

You were a big inspiration for me to grow my business enough to start traveling the world. You were the definition of the lifestyle that I wanted, and in a lot of ways still are. It's been a wild journey since first reading your posts.

Sincerely hope your business and life treats you well.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I joined TheFastlaneForum on May 29, 2012 - over six years ago.

Wow, it's been that long!?

You've come a long way and are a true testament to what happens when you focus on what you want from life; grind hard, fail a few times, bounce back, and ultimately drive value.

Thanks for sharing a milestone in your journey, appreciate your contributions here.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Comfort limits? If I may ask, what comfort limits do you currently have that you need to beat? Type of industry? Personal mindset? Capital sources and your typical selling style?

What do you roughly need in order to beat them?

My comfort limits are the amount of capital I'm willing to risk. I'm risking much more capital and am looking at a time horizon of years (or decades) instead of month.

Also - I've never taken outside money in my businesses. I'm asking for a significant investment in this business, which is new to me and will put more pressure and stress on me to perform this year.

Enemies? First time in a long while that I hear of that occurring in business!

Can they be more serious than the regular haters? How do you handle them, if you still happen to have any? I've read as much of your posts as I could, and besides the mentor part, I didn't find many incidents that would create enemies for you.

Haha - I'm not sure I have haters - but I think along the way everyone makes an enemy or three. It's a long story, but I had a mutual friend giveaway some inside knowledge to my business to another mutual "friend" of ours. Being that it was a private label supplement company, there wasn't much barrier to entry. This guy decided to copy my business model/plan and even go so far as copying my product headlines, etc. I, of course, got extremely pissed. I had also traveled with this guy a bit, and he was an a**hole to me on top of it. We went our separate ways, but I'd run into him in the most random places (Budapest, Bali 3x+ times), etc. I've since gotten over my anger, but alas, we both still vehemently dislike each other.

Handling the haters/enemies is mostly a mental thing. In one case it pushed me to grow more, and also taught me to be more careful whom I share things with. I've also used meditation and writing to overcome the anger I had towards some of these people.

Wow, it's been that long!?

See you here on my 10th anniversary!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Hey Jay, just wanted to thank you for all the golden nuggets! God I wish I was around when all the legends were still up and coming!

Hope to read more from you soon :)

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Hey Jay,
2 words!

True Inspiration!

I’ve read a ton of your posts since I’ve been a member and have learned quite a bit from you.

I think it’s pretty amazing that you’ve met a lot of people from the group that you can actually call friends here. I’m actually jealous lol.

The main reason I joined the community was to not just learn/help others but to make new friends. It really doesn’t always have to be about business.

What was that move like to Scottsdale? I bet it was super awesome.

Anyway, glad you’re still hanging around after all this time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.