The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Musings from a questioning physician

ActionRx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Nov 30, 2016
Hello ladies & gentlemen,

Like those that have come before me, I introduce myself today after reading The Millionaire Fastlane . The frameworks presented within the book resonated with me deeply. Required reading for everyone, IMO.

I have lurked a little and read a lot. There is certainly a wealth of discussion/opinion/knowledge and advice to be found here. And on the other hand, I wasn’t surprised to find stories resulting in this:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/houston-we-have-a-problem.45531/
Humans will be humans.

Here’s the CliffsNotes on my life up to now:
  • Early attempt at the Fastlane: I start a software consulting company to medical practices in my teen years. Gains traction but I’m thrown off course by various external factors and go to college. I exit the business with some success.
  • Spend many years in college, study finance pre-med, travel a bit, work some time in health care consulting then return to college and study medicine. Minimal questioning of my existence at this point.
  • Work as a physician, earn very good money, but totally servitude to the job & lifestyle. Earn more, spend more…
  • Begin questioning my life and start reading “entrepreneurial” resources (including TMF ). Enlightened as to the errors of my ways, but not taking action to change. Mentally masturbating daily.
  • Second attempt at the Fastlane: finally take action, quit wantrepreneurship. Attempt many online ventures, most fail, but I learn from each. Then a break through with traction in a e-commerce/FBA fitness niche (now doing mid 6 figures a year - a whole other story I suppose).
  • In order to devote all mental energy to freedom, quit full time job as a physician (although continue working part time)
  • Now in my 30's, I remain accountable to myself to take demonstrable action every day to progress towards my goals.

We're all guilty of mental masturbation. The ones that stop and take action are the ones that progress (and learn). We exist in a world with such abundance of content, that one could read/watch/listen their lives away without ever lifting a finger, which I am 100% guilty of. But as as my username eludes, I believe the treatment to most ailments I’ve read in this forum, is action.

It worked for me.

A.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There's a goof/failures section to share your mistakes and lessons learned from them. You have had the experience despite failing, and it would be a good thing to share it. Other Fastlaners might have some good ideas on fixing them up so that you don't have to repeat them again.

Welcome to the forum, and yes, TMF is the red pill of life. Read it again and again whenever you feel the concepts slipping out of your mind and supplement your journey with additional books as the Fastlane market needs require.

You complained a bit that your job and gigs were sucking the life out of you. Have you read E-myth? I think it's in the Fastlane bookstore or books discussion area. It's not strictly a technical book, but it has the basic logic on transitioning to the removal of time dependence from income.

What to find a fastlane need? I just finished Founders at Work. It's a series of interviews on founders who found needs and built huge companies from them. The brilliant thing is that the Fastlane need could very well be a need you have presently, therefore, you might not need to go on a soul-searching or bush-hunting to obey the commandment of need.

Don't spend too much time reading, but make notes, grab what you need, and rev up. It's going to be a long exciting journey.

ActionRx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Nov 30, 2016
Welcome to the forum, and yes, TMF is the red pill of life. Read it again and again whenever you feel the concepts slipping out of your mind and supplement your journey with additional books as the Fastlane market needs require.

Thanks for your welcome Lee. I notice you're from Malaysia, beautiful part of the world!
And you're absolutely correct. I re-read it earlier this year when I started to lose sight of my goal.

There's a goof/failures section to share your mistakes and lessons learned from them. You have had the experience despite failing, and it would be a good thing to share it. Other Fastlaners might have some good ideas on fixing them up so that you don't have to repeat them again.

I will definitely do this, again like you say, learning from mistakes is often best.

You complained a bit that your job and gigs were sucking the life out of you. Have you read E-myth? I think it's in the Fastlane bookstore or books discussion area. It's not strictly a technical book, but it has the basic logic on transitioning to the removal of time dependence from income.

E-myth was one of the first books I read, it wildly opened my mindset.

Cheers,
A.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum, glad you enjoyed TMF .

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I feel like I am living through your past o_O Minus the part of knowing I wanted to do anything business until college. Currently in the health care side of college.
With you're knowledge in the health care/medical field you have a good edge on most people who want to be an entrepreneur. I don't know about you, but I am not even finished with my first year of Physical Therapy as a grad student and I have already heard of the famous term "I wish they just made this stupid product work better..." The concept is so easy, yet it has never been improved on.
Maybe you've come across something in your field of work.

Anyways, welcome to the forum!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
@MJ DeMarco I would imagine that it must be fascinating for you to see the diversity of people your writings have inspired (me included).

Thank you! :)
MJ kept to the guns of the Fastlane commandments (i.e commandments of Control and Scale) in delivering the Fastlane doctrine, therefore he was able to reach to to many who sincerely despise the money guru BS and the Slowlane mediocrity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...